Been off for at least month

Options
I've been off my healthy eating I think for 45 days or so. I have been eating sweets and more sweets. Did not track or count calories. Needless to say I have gone from 112 to 119. I wAs so close to
My goal of 109. I'm quite angry with myself. Is it true that it will be harder to take that eight lbs back off again. Went to the grocery store did not pick up any junk food lots of fruit vegetables and protein. Now I just have to make myself do this all over again and for some reason I'm not as motivated as before. That's what's happening With me. Wishing you and yours a happy holiday.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You can do it again, just get back to logging. This is a lifetime way of living, not a once you get there it's over. You need to figure out what your maintenance calorie needs are and keep tracking until it becomes second nature.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Posted this on your other thread, so reposting it here

I'm not sure if this was meant to be a thread topic or not since it seems to be directed to someone specific? But either way, it's not going to be hard to lose the weigh again physically speaking. But mentally you may find it hard to go from eating sweets (I'm assuming you enjoy eating sweets?) to not eating them at all, which may as a result make it harder to keep tracking your intake.

Personally I'd recommend that you re-evaluate your calorie goals, see if they are too low (are your goals set to 2lbs/week? Do you not eat your exercise calories back?). If they are then make your goals more reasonable, which can really help with keeping yourself motivated. But I'd also recommend that you not force yourself to not eat treats. You didn't gain weight because of the treats, you gained weight because you stopped tracking and ate too many calories. I would personally recommend pre-logging however many treats you think you will want each day, either when you wake up or the night before. Leave them for the end of the day so that you don't wind up eating too many sweets and not enough fat/protein/fiber for satiety. Eat your normal balanced diet, and then when you get to the evening eat your treats. Or eat however much of it you actually feel like eating. If you pre-log in the morning but don't feel like you'll want to log some of those treats in then just eat other foods. You can easily lose weight while eating junky food, it's all a bout being in a deficit. If I were to force myself to give up something that I had been eating in bulk for a while, I'd also lack motivation.
  • daisyduke40
    daisyduke40 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I too have slacked off for a few weeks. I don't even want to get on tge scale. All the christmas baking and dinners have really hurt me. Well no more feeling sorry for myself. I'm starting all over today. Hopefully staying on track ince again.. I need some encouragement to keep me going.
  • Jennjoywolf
    Jennjoywolf Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Had a stressful situation in early september that derailed me. I binge ate my way from 154 to 171. So yea. That happened. But I came back, and now I'm at 165 after only 2 weeks. Most of that is water loss and glycerin but I am encouraged that weight loss can be done again
    Just get yourself back into a healthy mindset and you will get there.
  • Whiskeytub
    Whiskeytub Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Here's another post from someone who gained several pounds in the last month from irresponsible eating. It happens, clearly. Starting off again can be hard but we can all do it. I find I have to keep the foods that got me here out of the house entirely. And after two weeks I feel like I'm back in the swing of things, albeit slightly disheartened that it took a much shorter time to put on the weight than it will to take it off again.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

I'm not sure if this was meant to be a thread topic or not since it seems to be directed to someone specific? But either way, it's not going to be hard to lose the weigh again physically speaking. But mentally you may find it hard to go from eating sweets (I'm assuming you enjoy eating sweets?) to not eating them at all, which may as a result make it harder to keep tracking your intake.

Personally I'd recommend that you re-evaluate your calorie goals, see if they are too low (are your goals set to 2lbs/week? Do you not eat your exercise calories back?). If they are then make your goals more reasonable, which can really help with keeping yourself motivated. But I'd also recommend that you not force yourself to not eat treats. You didn't gain weight because of the treats, you gained weight because you stopped tracking and ate too many calories. I would personally recommend pre-logging however many treats you think you will want each day, either when you wake up or the night before. Leave them for the end of the day so that you don't wind up eating too many sweets and not enough fat/protein/fiber for satiety. Eat your normal balanced diet, and then when you get to the evening eat your treats. Or eat however much of it you actually feel like eating. If you pre-log in the morning but don't feel like you'll want to log some of those treats in then just eat other foods. You can easily lose weight while eating junky food, it's all a bout being in a deficit. If I were to force myself to give up something that I had been eating in bulk for a while, I'd also lack motivation.

This!

Definitely don't give up your favorite treats, because when I used to try & cut out my favorite sweets I'd only binge if I ate them. To be successful with weight loss you need to learn how to eat your favorite things in moderation & if you do have a day or two that you completely go off the rails & eat too much then cut back on a day or two to even it out.

• Adpalangi
    Adpalangi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

Thank you Anna, for taking the time to reply to my post, not once but twice.for some reason I don't remember seeing this before, but this is not like a healthy person eats.
  • Adpalangi
    Adpalangi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    You can do it again, just get back to logging. This is a lifetime way of living, not a once you get there it's over. You need to figure out what your maintenance calorie needs are and keep tracking until it becomes second nature.
    Thank you for believing me.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You need to go to your doctor and seek help

Previous posts highlihting your sunken cheeks - family begging you to stop - hair falling out and an acceptance that you've lost too much weight .. and then a few weeks later duplicate posts about wanting to lose weight again

There is clearly something amiss here, possibly something that you can work on that will make your life a whole lot happier and easier

People will always respond to what you put in your OP - so you can continue to get dieting advice attention

Or you can work on fixing your issues with food / weight

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You need to go to your doctor and seek help

Previous posts highlihting your sunken cheeks - family begging you to stop - hair falling out and an acceptance that you've lost too much weight .. and then a few weeks later duplicate posts about wanting to lose weight again

There is clearly something amiss here, possibly something that you can work on that will make your life a whole lot happier and easier

People will always respond to what you put in your OP - so you can continue to get dieting advice attention

Or you can work on fixing your issues with food / weight

This^