Eggs

Options

Replies

• LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    We eat eggs almost 5 days a week for dinner. At least 3 per person, usually cooked as an egg bake or something. I had blood work and all my tests done a few months ago and everything was perfect. I've lost more weight eating eggs almost every day then I have without.

Eggs are also the only food that don't effect my IBS as badly. Less dying.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I will generally have a hardboiled egg, or two per day. They are such an easy snack, and go with just about anything.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. Hardboiled eggs are such an easy and satisfying snack; I keep a few in the fridge at all times for grab and go. And lately I've been having a Morningstar Farms black bean burger or Mediterranean chickpea with an over easy egg on top for breakfast. Or dinner. Or lunch if I'm home during the day. I love me a runny egg yolk.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I think it's been debunked.
    I'm considering doing an egg fast( to try and get rid of these last few kgs quickly) for 5 days where you eat nothing but eggs and butter and a bit of cheese. 6 eggs and 6tbs of butter per day :o
    You like gimmicks I've noticed.....good luck with it.

nah I'm just starting to get impatient! !!

^^ And therein lies the problem. What happens after your "egg fast" when you go back to eating normal foods? You're going to gain the weight back. There is no "quick fix" to losing weight and keeping it off.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    beachgod wrote: »
    I'm considering doing an egg fast( to try and get rid of these last few kgs quickly) for 5 days where you eat nothing but eggs and butter and a bit of cheese. 6 eggs and 6tbs of butter per day :o

i8p41kstgd8s.jpg

Eggspectations???

and yes- they are too high for her.

I love eggs- I eat almost 2 dozen a week on my own.

No way I'd be eating eggs and butter and a bit of cheese.

Well- to be fair I can eat 6 eggs regularly as it is- no problems- so that's not the issue- it would be the complete lack of all the REST of the food for me.

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

headdesk.gif.gif
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i am a vegetarian, and I eat eggs twice a week. I limit fatty foods like eggs and cheese for personal reasons.
  • 13Strong
    13Strong Posts: 502 Member
    Options
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

:open_mouth:

madness

I thought you had digestive problems..that is so not going to help with that
  • KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Uhm..I have 40 chickens and 9 ducks laying eggs right now, and between myself, my husband, and my pets we go through about 2 dozen a day.

If they're killing me, they're doing it in the most delicious way possible.

As a matter of fact, I got goats and pigs so I can complete my breakfast with a glass of whole, full fat milk and a slab of bacon.

Yeeeesssssss
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

I could definitely eat breakfast 3X a day for 5 days, but what? What is the science or pseudoscience behind this? I would actually like to know. And how much cheese?

Now I'm hungry for omelettes.

I'm not sure of the science behind it. I just joined the FB group, so I'm still learning. Apparently it puts you into ketosis. It's followed by a lot of LCHF'ers.

I'm looking it up now, thanks! I think a ketogenic diet would be too strict for me but good luck to you.

Thanks. Yeah I think I'd struggle on such a low carb diet.
    The FB group is- egg fast-stall breaker diet

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. How is an egg fast going to help your "stalled" weight loss? Have you tried maybe exercising more and eating less? Because that method is pretty much proven to work.

Again, what happens when you lose the weight and go back to eating normal? This is not something that is sustainable.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Eggs are so versatile; a vitamin and protein package ready to go.

I worried over an acquaintance this past week, who confessed all she had to eat that week was pudding cups and ramen noodles. It took me back to the days I was a poor single parent and subsistence living. The staples I always made sure to have on hand was flour, powdered milk, and eggs.

There are so many things I could make on a dime if I had at least one egg. I could fill my children up with pancakes before they headed to school. I could bake a cake or muffins. Fry up an omelet. Whip up meringues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcer2xUwX8Y

I never bought in to the cholesterol hype. Lifestyle stress adds a lot more cholesterol to our arteries than the food we eat. Take out the yolk you also take out all the vitamins. But I do "supplement" my egg with all egg-white from a carton now to reduce the overall calories.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. Hardboiled eggs are such an easy and satisfying snack; I keep a few in the fridge at all times for grab and go. And lately I've been having a Morningstar Farms black bean burger or Mediterranean chickpea with an over easy egg on top for breakfast. Or dinner. Or lunch if I'm home during the day. I love me a runny egg yolk.

That sounds really really good! I'll have to try that one!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    unless you've been told by a Dr to not eat eggs...go for it. I eat a couple eggs several times a week and I've never had problems with cholesterol, losing, maintaining, etc. And they're yummy. My husband only eats a couple a week per his cardiologist, so that's his bummer not mine.
  • wgaue
    wgaue Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My husband has high cholesteral. Has had it for many years, and is on medication. What we noticed, is when he started eating an omelt for breakfast (5 days out of 7), his cholesteral actually went down. Plus, it helped that we made other little changes as well.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Uhm..I have 40 chickens and 9 ducks laying eggs right now, and between myself, my husband, and my pets we go through about 2 dozen a day.

If they're killing me, they're doing it in the most delicious way possible.

As a matter of fact, I got goats and pigs so I can complete my breakfast with a glass of whole, full fat milk and a slab of bacon.

Yeeeesssssss
    Dang, I'm so jealous of you guys.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm planning on having an omelette tonight for dinner, as a matter of fact. With cheddar cheese, peppers, onions and mushrooms. Lots and lots of peppers and onions and mushrooms.

I eat about a dozen a week and my cholesterol is great. Never had an issue.

Eggs are probably the definition of "the" perfect food.

But with that said, that's not all anyone should eat 24/7. Incorporated with a variety of foods, eggs are terrific. But a "diet"? Eh.
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, my go-to for a quick protein. I have three every morning with a cup of coffee, and when I decide to have them hard boiled, I usually mix it with cottage-cheese and it tastes really good.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    i am a vegetarian, and I eat eggs twice a week. I limit fatty foods like eggs and cheese for personal reasons.

Eggs are a fatty food?

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yes yes. I know you are all right with everything you've said. Which is why I haven't bothered starting the egg diet. There is some weight loss common sense still left in my head :p

As for the digestive problems. I have none other than having to take magnesium to go to the loo.