60/30/10 fats/protein/carbs - T Nation Sexy Female Training

Hi

I would like to follow Chad Waterbury's plan.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/sexy_female_training

In it he recommends a 60/30/10 ratio of fats/protein/carbs. However, I really can't see how on earth Ii could follow this. I am used to getting extra calories from protein when I have followed a low carb (not carb cycling) in the past. However, I'm not really sure how to go about getting most calories from good fats.

Has anyone followed such a diet? If so, what would a typical day look like? (Ideally if you could provide a few days worth of examples that would really help.)

Also, if I am currently 5 ft 4in, 130 lbs and 24% body fat, does anyone think I could get closer to 3% loss a month?

I'm getting married mid April and so looking to shift those extra pounds! I have got down to 18% body fat before in a few months of training, though I wasn't as dedicated as I will be this time and I would say my body fat was more like 22.5% to start.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    The best macro split is that one that aligns with your goals and that you can easily follow.

Just eat in a moderate caloric deficit and lift heavy. You'll have an awesome body come your wedding if you start now.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    check out reddit. r/keto and r/ketogains. My diary is open so you are welcome to check it out however I don't always do that great following my macros and sometimes accurate tracking on mfp so I'm not the best example. Healthy fats for me though include almonds and coconut oil. genaw.com has great low carb high fat recipes too that really help me. Good luck and congratulations!
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    edited December 2014
    You can look at my diary. I do about 75/20/5. I would probably look at the stuff before Thanksgiving. I've been having lazy breakfasts (and using heavy cream to get my fat up a lot more recently) since then.

It's pretty easy to add fat to your diet by adding extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, hemp oil, butter, etc to foods you already eat.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    The best macro split is that one that aligns with your goals and that you can easily follow.

Just eat in a moderate caloric deficit and lift heavy. You'll have an awesome body come your wedding if you start now.

This. Low carb works for some people, but not others. Find what works for you and something you can stick with.
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    I couldn't survive on 10% carbs... even if only for 3 days like the program is written. I agree with the previous poster, the best macro split is the one you can follow, day and and out, for weeks/months/etc. I prefer not to stick to the same macros on training/non training days just because it's easier to track for me. I'll eat a little more on days where I workout.

I was at my leanest when I was eating tons of carbs... because it was easy for me to follow. I'm not sure about losing 3% of body fat in a month though, it seems quite a lot IMHO. I'm pretty sure you can get a rocking body by april if you train hard until then!

I'm also not sure about the program honestly... Maybe I looked at it too quickly but it doesn't seem very intense, training wise. Try to look up Jamie Eason Live Fit and maybe start at Phase 2 since you're not looking to gain. I was very lean at the end of the program, but it's intense.
  • Good acceptable fats are pastured butter, coconut oil, avacados, any of the animal fats you eat in your meat protein. I went totally grain free and dropped 7 lbs in 7 days basically on the 60/30/10 regimen, eating enough to be satisfied and varied. It really DOES work.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Judie1933 wrote: »
    Good acceptable fats are pastured butter, coconut oil, avacados, any of the animal fats you eat in your meat protein. I went totally grain free and dropped 7 lbs in 7 days basically on the 60/30/10 regimen, eating enough to be satisfied and varied. It really DOES work.

This reminds me (because the 7lbs in 7 days was most likely water weight).. Make sure you're drinking enough water. :)
  • Hi guys, I feel so bad - I have not been notified of any of the messages you guys have kindly sent me. I even checked my settings and can't seem a reason for this, which is odd.

Anyway, thanks for all your links and advice.

I know what you guys mean, in that you have to follow what works for you. However, low carb diets seem to work for me and when I am on a mission I am pretty good at sticking to it (and there's nothing like a wedding to shake up the motivation!). My fiance is also a celiac so I kind of get stuck with either veg or processed gluten free stuff, though that may change as I now have a bread maker and a link to a supposedly good gluten free and low carb recipe!

I've lost the Christmas bulge already and back down to where I started, so fingers crossed I can keep it up! I'll take a look at some of your recipes and logs to get a better idea of what to do going forward.

Going to try his workout for a week but will also check out Jamie Eason too. It does look pretty comprehensive actually -can't believe it's free!

13.5 weeks to lose 6% body fat...I will report back!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Make sure you are taking a good multivitamin. There is no way your body can get enough micronutrients without more veggies in the mix, and veggies carry more carbs than you can fit in a measly 10% of your caloric intake.