To eat or not eat the chocolate covered peep. That is the qu

Options
lollie1285
lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
Easter has come and gone, and although I am a 25 year old woman, my mother still loves to make a basket up for me every year. She knows I love Peeps, and I absolutely love the chocolate covered peeps that they sell now. So, I'm sitting here (that time of the month, mind you), and I'm just craving something a little sweet. And by sweet I mean chocolate. I have little Hershey miniature chocolates as well, but if you look the up the nutritional info for chocolate covered Peeps, they're not too bad.

Do you all eat sweets during the week? I don't know why I'm feeling so guilty right now. Maybe because I ate Sun Chips and tapioca pudding yesterday....

Replies

• thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    NOT TO EAT!
  • MidnightRadio
    MidnightRadio Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Okay, I would love to write something supportive about resisting temptation, blah blah blah... but all that's going through my mind is... they make chocolate covered Peeps now??!!!
  • shesnotthere
    shesnotthere Posts: 117
    Options
    Not eat! Put salt on it to keep yourself from going back haha...
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Personally I would have a small piece of dark chocolate at least 70% cocoa.

Be careful with this, no matter how much you want it, it could trigger a binge. Especially being TOM. {{{hugs}}}
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    relax_dont_do_it_t_shirt-p235981873307596759q6wh_400.jpg
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Stop and think first. How will you feel when it's gone? Will you feel better after you eat it, or just during?

For me, if I'm craving something sweet, I imagine myself eating it without sparing a detail... the sweetness, the creamy texture, the rush of pleasure that comes with something delicious... an then I imagine that I'm finished and it's gone. I feel like crap. Then I don't eat it to begin with and I feel awesome.
  • lollie1285
    Options
    Oh yes, they make chocolate covered Peeps now and they are DIVINE! And thank you for the support everyone. I'm not prone to binge though and am usually very good with self control. So I don't think it would trigger anything out of the ordinary for me.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    go for it..just make sure it fits into your daily intake..we all deserve a treat here or there
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Bleh, I don't like peeps. If you can fit it into your calorie goal, then why not? Just don't do it every day, and you'll be fine.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Dont eat it. I tried one the other day and it was VILE. Blech. It was like squishy cardboard flavored STUFF. It's not worth it, hon, trust me. There are yummier things to sink your teeth into. If you're gonna have chocolate, MAKE IT THE GOOD STUFF!
  • bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    Okay, I would love to write something supportive about resisting temptation, blah blah blah... but all that's going through my mind is... they make chocolate covered Peeps now??!!!

Ummm...I second that!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    If I loved them as much as you do, I would plan it into my daily intake. I have donuts now and again (if they're free) and other junk food. I record them and know that I can't have something else.
  • lollie1285
    Options

Ummm...I second that!
    :laugh:
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This is the wrong time to be asking me cus "you had me at chocolate", dont even care about the freaking lil peep.lol
    If it will save a life of someone you know, being that its ToM week and all, in my world also, so I am all for eating the chocolate lol one day isnt gonna kill anything but you might just save the life of anyone who crosses your path when your in a cross mood, use Moderation and LOG IT!
  • LoraLuck
    LoraLuck Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Get a small bar of dark chocolate and tuck it a way in the pantry, make it a little annoying to get to (ie. the top shelf in back, maybe requiring a stool to get to). When you need your fix, it will be there!

As far as easter candy, bring it too work for your coworkers or feed it to the dog.... that way it's not completely a waste! But whatever you do get it out of your site; it it not fair to yourself to keep it nearby.
  • mykaanderson
    Options
    I use the rule that I can have one but only one and a bite is better than the pack, take care of a craving before it turns into a binge. We deserve to treat but only in moderation and with treating you have to consider the rest of your day/week. That's what I do anyway, hope that helps!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Do you all eat sweets during the week? I don't know why I'm feeling so guilty right now.

I most certainly do. I have something a little junky pretty much every day, be it chocolate mousse, crisps, sweets, whatever takes my fancy really. I think I ate about 15 mini chocolate eggs and one entire Easter Egg over the Easter weekend. Did I experience one iota of guilt? You must be crazy. Of course I didn't. They were absolutely delicious.

Of course, the bulk of my diet is not junk. Far from it. As such, I'm not gonna sweat the 10% - 20% which is...
  • ashandbensmom
    Options
    I say GO FOR IT!!!, if you have the calories available that is. I have chocolate pretty much everyday. Mini Reeses PB eggs are my favorite. I did have one of the choco covered Peeps the other day though and I have to agree DIVINE!!!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Ok, first off you cannot deny yourself chocolate for the rest of your life. I am losing weight and still having the occasional sweet treat. Second, looking at your pic you look like a beautiful young lady and I don't hink that ONE peep will kill you. Enjoy it and just do a little extra cardio or make up for it somewhere. A healthy lifestyle is not depriving yourself of treats for the rest of your life. It is comitting to watching calories so the occasional treat is just that, a treat that you can afford because of all of the other choices you make regarding food through the week. Lastly, tell me how good it is after you have it cause some ahole has put a bunch on them in the fridge I use at work and I am like, damn you!!!!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    I would eat it because it's not good to complete deprive yourself of something that you really want because then you will crave it even that much more. I say go for it girl! It's only one and then log it to hold yourself accountable