What food have you never eaten?

Options

Replies

• JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I've never had a burger from any fast food restaurant (McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, etc.)

WOW! Not many can say that. Good for you!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have never tried sardines, either.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    More than anything, I think the movie The 'Burbs turned me off from sardines. That scene where Tom Hanks eats one on a pretzel just grosses me out. lol
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've never had sharon fruit/persimmon. I can't bring myself to try one because I've no idea what to expect, or how to eat it.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Lots, for me. I grew up kosher, and even though I'm not anymore, I've got lots of holdovers. I've never eaten pork (or bacon, or ham, or sausage). I've never eaten lobster or crab or shrimp or any kind of seafood or shellfish. I've never eaten most game meats, or things like snails or grasshoppers. I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with other people eating these things, but the thought of eating them myself icks me out, so I don't.

Some people ask me whether I "miss" these things. But I don't. How could I? They've never been part of my diet.

I also haven't eaten red meat since I was a very small child, and I don't eat much meat at all anymore -- only chicken or fish. I do eat pretty much anything that's vegetarian, mind you, and I'll try anything that is -- unless it's designed to look/smell/taste too much like meat, in which case I'll probably avoid it as a matter of taste.

@Tinabob77, I've never eaten spam either. Doesn't strike me as the least bit appetizing.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Raw seafood. When I was teaching a Zoology class, we covered a LOT of parasites including protozoa and every type of worm imaginable. For weeks afterward, I badly overcooked all of our meat/poultry/seafood for weeks.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Olives. The thought repulses me.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    So much disdain for our shelled edibles! I love clams, scallops, oysters, mussels, and the like. :)

Never tried sardines. The jelly they're packed in puts me off.

Get them in mustard or tomato sauce.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I was just thinking I've never eaten Quinoa

... wouldn't even know how to prepare it

you?

I don't even know how to say it.

Mine are mostly Mexican dishes. Like tripas and menudo (the soup, not the band). I just can't quite bring myself to eat them.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Keenwah - apparently! Bought some - never cooked it!
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can safely say I've never eaten Balut. :#

Oh .. I never even knew that existed... bleaurgh (in a totally accepting of all other cultures, but simply not for me sort of way)

hahaha. You googled it!

I was fine skimming past the first reference but of course curiosity got me...EEK!

I will try most things put in front of me at least once. But I am certain I wont be trying that.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Olives. The thought repulses me.

OMG, no! I love olives. There are so many different kinds and they are all so salty and yummy.

• chunmi
    chunmi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Something I've only tried for the first time a few months ago: peanut butter. I always thought the smell was absolutely horrible so i never ate it but now that i tried it i loooove it :')
    Not a food but a drink: cococola/pepsi/etc. it smells disgusting, don't think i'll ever try it.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    escargot and I never will
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Rocky Mountain oysters :D Not ever gonna try'em
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Tripe. Never have, never will.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Tripe. Never have, never will.

I'm with you but my DH feels different. He'll eat anything.
  • Tea_Mistress
    Tea_Mistress Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've never had figs :3
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Never eaten? I will try anything listed as palatable, therefore never eaten includes:
    1. Never come across it
    2. It moved too fast to catch

And I did not have to Google for balut. My son watches the food channel, Bizarre Foods. He enjoys sharing that type of information.

Looking forward to trying haggis. It can't be "official" in the US because here you are not allowed to sell the parts used.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Octopus, Squid, Manta Ray... Dirt?

There's quite a lot, I'll give a few 'interesting' foods a go some time.