Options
13»

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Marcillene wrote: »
    davis_em wrote: »
    Quite a while ago at my heaviest (over 200 pounds at 5'4") in the blue shirt:
    035d152ecb784c50fca56e35ec627b68d4fb.jpg

A few weeks ago on a business trip to Austin at 130 pounds:
    035d6f1e265880f52c5f3d0fcf0e5ca7bdc6.jpg

I did it through accountability (making damn sure I logged what I was eating, even if I didn't want to admit it... LOL!), and at the beginning of this year I added exercise. I love to run, and just started weight lifting. I'm pretty happy with where I am - I'm currently in small tops and a size 4 pants.

You've got this, honey. Just log honestly and be consistent. The weight will come off. And like another poster said, it wasn't put on overnight and won't come off over night. Just keep at it. I'm 35, have had 2 kids (they are 13 and 10), and work a desk job. It took me more than 2 years to shed 70 pounds, but if I can do it, anyone can. :flowerforyou:

What type of weight lifting do you do? I am a single mom work full time desk job, and have absolutely no way to excercise except at home. (My son has alot of auto immune issues and he is too big for a jogging stroller.)

There are a TON of body weight exercises you can do at home without the need for special exercise equipment. Head over to Youtube and search for 'body weight exercises'. You'll get a ton of FREE exercise routines you can do without having to buy weights. You ask what lifting I'm doing - I have a friend who is an accomplished lifter, so right now, I'm doing what she tells me. I have an upper body routine and a lower body routine, but through research have learned that a newby lifter (which I am) should really be doing ONE full body routine until I get a little more accomplished. So I lift 2 or 3 times a week and run 2 or 3 times a week. Whatever I can fit into my schedule. I'll admit though that running is my preferred exercise, and I'll choose it over lifting 75% of the time unless I've arranged to meet someone at the gym.

Since you are less able to get out, another thing I did when I first started was to get a small exercise trampoline (rebounder). They cost 20 to 30 bucks, and you'll be amazed at the work out you can get just bouncing on the darn thing. On days when I WANT to run but am unable to find time before sunset, I head down to my basement, pull out my trampoline and bounce for a while (while watching something on TV). My kids come down and hang out with me while I'm bouncing, so it ends up being family time. LOL!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Wow, there are some awesome shots here!
    shbi9zbu0897.jpg

This is about eighty pounds down, took about eighteen months so far.

I've had a lot of help along the way from my Bariatric support team, and I have a whole new way of living. I am in my fifties and I'm 5' 4".
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Great job! I started in Oct 13 and now down 90 lbs. I needed to have accountability and myself just didn't cut it. I went to they gym close to my house and got a personal trainer. Not only does she help me with my workouts, she also helps with my nutritional goals too. I know many people can do it on their own but for me I need someone to ask me questions about my activities, food journal and that stuff. I sat down one day and worked out what I was spending on crappy food, booze (fatty beer) and bigger clothes and that amount of money now goes to my trainer. She is actually cheaper. HAA

Good luck!

jbgvbgatfmet.jpg
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Xpecta wrote: »
    I'm still a work in progress, but here's what I have for you so far:

43wwniboc83g.jpg

• berto23
    Options

43wwniboc83g.jpg

you look good,23 pounds in two months excellent job.

• berto23
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    I'm 52 years old. SW:268 CW: 145. It took me about a year and a half. Moderate exercise and calorie counting.
    d55za9qa48eh.jpg
    xvw2exfvv045.jpg

You look fanstactic

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    berto23 wrote: »
    mamadon wrote: »
    I'm 52 years old. SW:268 CW: 145. It took me about a year and a half. Moderate exercise and calorie counting.
    d55za9qa48eh.jpg
    xvw2exfvv045.jpg

You look fanstactic

Thank you!! :)
  • 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am 5'10". This took me about 10 months with 6x days exercise and calorie restriction. I eat whatever I want, just in moderation. Also, no processed or pre package foods. Still working on it, hope to be at 155-165 by this time next year.

477bzuzy821c.jpg
    iaqk8o3z5m0r.jpeg

• ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Marcillene wrote: »
    I'm 5'9" too. I put my pictures up 10 days ago under the post "35 pounds gone in 2 months".

Can you post a link to the forum? I didnt find it.

Oh sorry. Here it is:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10030011/35-pounds-gone-in-2-months/p1
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    berto23 wrote: »

43wwniboc83g.jpg

you look good,23 pounds in two months excellent job.

Thank you :) I appreciate you saying so!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm also a work in progress.
    Stats:
    5'10"
    SW: 381
    CW: 267 (pic shows me at 280)
    GW: 180

I started making one change at a time… starting with the one I thought would be easiest for me to make. Then gradually added more and more. For me, moderation is key. It's a control issue for me. Telling me I can't eat something is a good way to get me to say "**** you" and then I start eating everything in sight just out of spite. Moderation allows me to maintain a feeling of control.

The other key for me is to reject all excuses. It's okay to just be honest and say "it's not that important to me right now." But things like "I don't have time" or "it's too expensive" etc, etc, etc… are not okay. At least that's been key for me.

h1ijr7fnl0mr.jpg
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    everyone looks so great :)
  • lauramegan28
    lauramegan28 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job! I started in Oct 13 and now down 90 lbs. I needed to have accountability and myself just didn't cut it. I went to they gym close to my house and got a personal trainer. Not only does she help me with my workouts, she also helps with my nutritional goals too. I know many people can do it on their own but for me I need someone to ask me questions about my activities, food journal and that stuff. I sat down one day and worked out what I was spending on crappy food, booze (fatty beer) and bigger clothes and that amount of money now goes to my trainer. She is actually cheaper. HAA

Good luck!

jbgvbgatfmet.jpg

Way to go you look so beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!