New to the board

Options
Hi everyone. My name is KT, but I use Arithion as a handle a lot of the time.
I seriously need to lose weight and keep it off. I regularly yoyo around 25-30 pounds. This really needs to stop and I'd love to have some company to help keep me accountable and motivated while we slog through this weight-loss journey. I'll return the favour of course!

I'm 38, have a two year old daughter, and am somewhere between 70-85 pounds overweight. I've already adjusted my diet and have lost 8 pounds in the last 2 weeks (mostly waterweight methinks), and I'm still getting over a very bad and prolonged asthma enhanced bronchitis. So my exercise won't be where I'd like it for another couple of weeks.

I want to lose weight to feel better about myself, to get healthy, and to be a good example to my daughter to be active and eat well as she grows up.

So that's me. I'd love to meet people and tackle this face on!

Thanks for listening

KT

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi KT! I am a 39 year old mom. Would love to connect. Feel free to add me!
  • Leeannodger
    Leeannodger Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new to this group and still figuring it out. I am also a mom who is trying to get into shape. I personally find I can really get going for a few months at a time and lose motivation. I would love to find a support system where we can all encourage each other. Please feel free to add me
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello & Welcome to MFP!

Best of luck to you!
  • Darkhawk1969
    Darkhawk1969 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Happy to be friends, although l do have to warn you:
    I log daily 600 days +
    I speak my mind
    I flirt
    If you dont log in for 10 days, your gone
    If you think you can handle me then please send me a request.
    Please add a message xx
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome! Don't worry about exercise at first. Just log your foods as honestly and accurately as possible. I lost 60 pounds through diet alone - just being honest with myself, and making better choices. Once I was healthier, THEN I added exercise. You've got this, honey! :flowerforyou:
  • Arithion
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I've been busy all morning and only just got back online.
    I'm really ready to take charge forever, not just for 2-3 months.
    It's great to have company on the journey.