Snack ideas... HELP!!!!

Options
amicsquire
amicsquire Posts: 5 Member
Hi everyone!

I do so well at meals, but I completely blow it with snacks. I need suggestions. I'll eat anything but fruit.

XOXO
Ami

Replies

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    MY FAVE= Cinnamon apple rice cakes with light swiss laughing cow cheese spread on top. Absolutely delicious.
  • leanne0627
    leanne0627 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love fruit, yogurt or cottage cheese as a snack. You don't like any fruit? I love grapes or raspberries. only 1 calorie each so I can eat a bunch of them and feel like I am snacking without much calories. When I feel like something sweet I've been having a sugar free chocolate pudding cup. I guess it would just be on your tastes though. Whatever you ate before but a smaller portion?
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    hummus and veggies....great snack, though hummus can have a lot of calories so you have to be careful. But it is a satisfying snack!
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    popcorn is a great snack too and fairly low calorie and yet has decent nutrition
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerky (low cal/ high protein) is my usual go to. Quest bars, fruits and veggies with some PB2. snacks high in protein can usually make a person feel fuller throughout the day. :)
  • jodiemhorton
    jodiemhorton Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a massive amount of snacks in my pantry as this is where I really stuff up. Try Weight Watchers slices. Carrot cake, lemon, choco. Expensive but really low joule. nuts, nuts, nuts. But not too many. Get ones in shell like pistacios... it slows down the eating. Rice crackers. I have low fat chocolate mousse here. 200 kjs... yeah. Popcorn. Pop plain microwave ones but put salt on it. Dried apricots or dried things. We have apricots with coconut in it. yummo. Keep an eye out for low fat yogurts. Low fat milk with quik (choco powder). Tea, Cup a soups. Find a fruit that you like. im into bananas and water melon. Dip and veggies. Check all the calories in your snacks.
  • jodiemhorton
    jodiemhorton Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    oh forgot, museli bars - yummo.
  • amicsquire
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    MY FAVE= Cinnamon apple rice cakes with light swiss laughing cow cheese spread on top. Absolutely delicious.

I will totally try this! That sounds up my alley!

and, sadly, no. I am not a fruit eater. Not sure why, because I'll eat any and every veggie known to man!
  • twinoakbob
    twinoakbob Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sugar Snap Peas Raw
  • lorbie49
    lorbie49 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    steamed edamame in the shell tossed with a little light soy sauce. Yummy
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Sweet or savoury? Creamy or crunchy?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to snacks include:
    hard boiled eggs
    string cheese
    beef jerky or turkey jerky
    nuts
    peanut butter and celery
    frozen yogurt or ice cream (whichever you prefer)
    protein snack bars
    carrots (or other veggies) and hummus
    laughing cow on crackers or a bagel thin
    Greek yogurt
  • janicept77
    Options
    I like oatmeal with truvia and sugar free jelly when I want something sweet. High fiber bars when I'm somewhere I can't cook. 100 calorie pack popcorn when I want something salty/crunchy. Non-fat vanilla yogurt when I don't feel like having oatmeal. I should say the main meal I eat is breakfast and after that I only eat what most people would consider snacks - don't care much for cooking.
  • foremaar012
    Options
    everything bagel pretzel crisps with greek yogurt whipped cream cheese
  • amicsquire
    Options
    These are great ideas! You all are fantastic! :wink:
  • cbigclarke
    Options
    Greek yogurt with peanut butter chips, toasted wheat germ sprinkled on top
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    buffalo chicken dip and tostitos scoops

and/or

pretzel thins and pepperjack cheese
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    An option than can work (though it doesn't for everyone) is not to snack.

No, don't flip out. If you find you do well at meals, maybe you could make meals "eating time" and be done with it.

Some people don't do well with that, of course, but it's a thought.
  • DeadliftingHillbilly
    Options
    I've gotten into a habit of mixing plain, nonfat greek yogurt with other stuff to make dips and spreads to help squeeze in more protein while reducing calories. For instance, when I want something salty and crunchy, I mix a couple tablespoons of hummus with a couple tablespoons of yogurt, then stir in a bit of hot sauce, and use this as a dip for bell peppers, cucumbers, and carrots. I also like to mix yogurt with a bit of maple syrup and peanut butter, then spread it on a caramel rice cake when I'm craving dessert.
  • travishough
    travishough Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my 4 go tos are :

1. rice cakes with beef jerkey
    2. trail mix
    3. protein shake reduced fat triscuts/wheat thins
    4. protien bar like this one bodybuilding.com/store/musclepharm/combat-crunch-bars.html