Egg allergy - Low carb breakfast ideas??

Options
Good-day all!

I have an egg allergy which has really been limiting what I can have for breakfast and still keep it low carbs and low calories.

Need some new ideas please...

Thanks in advance!
Amanda

Replies

• TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Smoothies for sure!
    Greek yogurt and granola parfait is good too!
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    unless you're squeamish about it, try not limiting yourself to foods traditionally considered breakfast foods, and just eat the stuff you like for lunch/dinner at breakfast as well. I find that no matter what you are trying to eat/avoid, removing time of day parameters to food helps give you more options.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    unless you're squeamish about it, try not limiting yourself to foods traditionally considered breakfast foods, and just eat the stuff you like for lunch/dinner at breakfast as well. I find that no matter what you are trying to eat/avoid, removing time of day parameters to food helps give you more options.

^^ Totally. And depending on how low carb you are, yogurt and granola is not going to be low carb. The plain greek yogurt (dependent upon brand) may be low carb, but granola....not a chance, unless it's all nuts!

• TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options

^^ Totally. And depending on how low carb you are, yogurt and granola is not going to be low carb. The plain greek yogurt (dependent upon brand) may be low carb, but granola....not a chance, unless it's all nuts!

Depends how much granola you put. If you pur a third of the box of course it's not going to be high carb. But from what I gather from reading the OP, eggs are to be completely avoided, not carbs.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    How about a chia pudding?
  • KJoubert1966
    Options
    steak2.jpg
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    bacon....
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    bacon....
    Lots of it
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and nuts are my first thoughts. Someone here interested me in refrigerator oatmeal and I am loving that right now.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt with berries, left overs, smoked salmon with arugula lettuce dressed with lemon and olive oil (I toss a little avocado on here too).