In your 20s without much to lose?

Options
1235»

Replies

• shemaiahbarton3
    shemaiahbarton3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

When I was working on my BS in chemistry in 2009 was when I gained ALL my weight! Its good that you are proactive and keep a grasp on your health while going through that tough program! Sounds like you are doing SOOO good, keep at it!

Oh wow, you have made such a huge change!!! I'm really impressed! Its week before finals for me...I can definitely relate to the struggle of continuing a diet with stres of school.
  • mrsnealey
    mrsnealey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, i fit here perfectly :smile: 2nd year of law!
    height: 169 cm (5'5'')
    CW: 67 kg
    GW: 63 kg

So just 4-5 kg to shed, I either run or workout on my carpet with youtube ( :smiley: ) or practice horse riding 4-5 times a week.
    Biggest problem is eating though... obviously lots of veggies, fruit, brown rice and pasta and so on, (almost) no sweets, but still i find myself exceeding the daily calorie goal of 1400 :(

Eating is absolutely my biggest downfall! I'm sure you know my pain- those long nights of studying where you *need* that sugary latte to stay awake, the carb craving from being so sleep deprived, the stress eating...

I love working out, so I feel like I have that covered. I need to get better at the healthy eating!
  • mrsnealey
    mrsnealey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    [So what does everyone do for work/study? And what do you all like to do in your spare time? :)
    [/quote]

I am graduating med school in may and then off to residency in July in Psychiatry. No job for me, I'm living off of loans right now. I basically like anything outside (running/hiking/climbing/camping/backpacking etc) but I am also a huge reader and I love to travel. In 2015 I will be going to FL in Jan for the Disneyworld marathon, LA in Feb for Mardi Gras, Vegas in March to celebrate Match Day and then a 10 week road trip to US national parks. It doesn't have to be international travel for me to like it, just someplace new!

I am always looking for fun/cheap active ideas for me and/or my husband! We are both really busy and sometimes we get into a rut of spending free time on the couch with netflix. Any ideas from you ladies?

• squeakybuttcheeks
    squeakybuttcheeks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am 26. I have lost a bunch already but looking for a little bit more.

Feel free to add me. I am on here every day. :)

LW: 118
    HW: 215

SW: 210
    GW1: 169√

SW: 175
    GW1:155 √
    CW: 148
    GW2: 144

SW: TBD
    UGW: 129
  • avotarian
    avotarian Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    hey! I've already added and messaged many people in this thread, but adding a post for those I missed and anyone new.

i'm 25 years old, 5'9 and cw is 142 lbs (i need to bring myself to take a photo one of these days). i would like to lose a few more pounds and then focus on body recomposition. i'm looking into what i can accomplish without a gym, open to hearing ideas and suggestions for regimens. one of my goals is to get my body bikini ready for the summer!

feel free to add me! :)
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hey, 19 years old, 2nd year of uni.

Height: 5'3.5" on a good day.
    HW: 125
    CW: 107
    GW: 105

Although I would love to see a 105 on the scale one day, I'm not actively pursuing losing the last 2 pounds. I'm more focused on maintaining and building up more muscle. My ultimate goal is to get a six-pack. I mean I already have fairly defined abs, but I'm a total perfectionist. So basically I'm on here to get leaner, stronger, and a whole lot sexier ;)

Feel free to add me :)
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome guys! Its nice to see a few more people in the same boat :-)

How is everyone going btw?
  • sheepybebe
    sheepybebe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    amy0louise wrote: »
    Hello!
    Just wondering if there is anyone else here who is a student or working in their 20s who is on here to lose around 5kgs (10lbs) or who is just maintaining.
    It seems there are a lot of people on here who are all a little older with kids, and it would be nice to chat with someone with similar lifestyle and goals to me.
    My stats:
    I'm 23
    I am 166cm/ 5'4"
    Highest weight: 65kg/ 143lbs
    Current weight: 50kg/ 109lbs
    Goal weight: 45kg/ 100lbs
    Calorie target: 1350 per day (Sit at a desk for studying but I go running once/twice a week)
    I eat a mainly veggie diet with some chicken/fish. I don't eat red meat.

At the moment I go running once/twice a week with a 5k time of 25min and a 10k time of 54min.
    I'm looking to lose the last 5kg and my slight belly, and to get lean and toned. I'm not really looking to bulk up or lift weights.

I'm a student in my last year of uni and I've been eating healthily for a year (on mfp for 6 months) after my exchange time in Germany involved a little too much beer and partying and a little too few times exercising..!
    I'm pretty into music as well.
    Thanks! :)

I'm a little bit older but a student nonetheless! Just saw you're in Manchester too - like me! You're the first person I've come across from Manc!!

My stats:
    27 years old
    5'6"
    Highest weight: 93kg/ 205lbs
    Current weight: 76kg/ 167lbs
    Goal weight: 65g/ 143lbs
    Calorie target: up to 1400 per day - I'm pretty sedentary most of the time because of my studies but I always try to get in at least 30 mins exercise per day, as well as my steps with my Fitbit.
  • eliseh23
    eliseh23 Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm just getting started, a little silly of me to do it around the holidays, but hey I'd sure do my best!

I'm 23, 156 cm/ Google says 5'1 (I thought I was 5'2)
    I'm currently 55 kilos, I'd like to be 50/46-48 , we'll see how it goes
    My highest weight was 60 kilos, I was second year of university
    My lowest was 42 kilos in high school.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    hi!

5'2.5

highest: 143
    right now: ~120
    goal: 110
  • maria0elisa
    maria0elisa Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    mmariew89 wrote: »
    hey! I've already added and messaged many people in this thread, but adding a post for those I missed and anyone new.

i'm 25 years old, 5'9 and cw is 142 lbs (i need to bring myself to take a photo one of these days). i would like to lose a few more pounds and then focus on body recomposition. i'm looking into what i can accomplish without a gym, open to hearing ideas and suggestions for regimens. one of my goals is to get my body bikini ready for the summer!

feel free to add me! :)
    Hey, 19 years old, 2nd year of uni.

Height: 5'3.5" on a good day.
    HW: 125
    CW: 107
    GW: 105

Although I would love to see a 105 on the scale one day, I'm not actively pursuing losing the last 2 pounds. I'm more focused on maintaining and building up more muscle. My ultimate goal is to get a six-pack. I mean I already have fairly defined abs, but I'm a total perfectionist. So basically I'm on here to get leaner, stronger, and a whole lot sexier ;)

Feel free to add me :)
    maestro107 wrote: »
    Hello!
    Just wondering if there is anyone else here who is a student or working in their 20s who is on here to lose around 5kgs (10lbs) or who is just maintaining.
    It seems there are a lot of people on here who are all a little older with kids, and it would be nice to chat with someone with similar lifestyle and goals to me.
    My stats:
    I'm 23
    I am 166cm/ 5'4"
    Highest weight: 65kg/ 143lbs
    Current weight: 50kg/ 109lbs
    Goal weight: 45kg/ 100lbs
    Calorie target: 1350 per day (Sit at a desk for studying but I go running once/twice a week)
    I eat a mainly veggie diet with some chicken/fish. I don't eat red meat.

At the moment I go running once/twice a week with a 5k time of 25min and a 10k time of 54min.
    I'm looking to lose the last 5kg and my slight belly, and to get lean and toned. I'm not really looking to bulk up or lift weights.

I'm a student in my last year of uni and I've been eating healthily for a year (on mfp for 6 months) after my exchange time in Germany involved a little too much beer and partying and a little too few times exercising..!
    I'm pretty into music as well.
    Thanks! :)

I'm a little bit older but a student nonetheless! Just saw you're in Manchester too - like me! You're the first person I've come across from Manc!!

My stats:
    27 years old
    5'6"
    Highest weight: 93kg/ 205lbs
    Current weight: 76kg/ 167lbs
    Goal weight: 65g/ 143lbs
    Calorie target: up to 1400 per day - I'm pretty sedentary most of the time because of my studies but I always try to get in at least 30 mins exercise per day, as well as my steps with my Fitbit.

Thanks for the add you three!! Glad you found the thread :)

oh cool maestro:) we have the same calorie target and sedentary-studying lifestyle as well haha!
  • maria0elisa
    Options
    eliseh23 wrote: »
    I'm just getting started, a little silly of me to do it around the holidays, but hey I'd sure do my best!

I'm 23, 156 cm/ Google says 5'1 (I thought I was 5'2)
    I'm currently 55 kilos, I'd like to be 50/46-48 , we'll see how it goes
    My highest weight was 60 kilos, I was second year of university
    My lowest was 42 kilos in high school.
    kjoy_ wrote: »
    hi!

5'2.5

highest: 143
    right now: ~120
    goal: 110
    hey I've added you two :)
  • maria0elisa
    Options
    madiao wrote: »

The month started well but I've had a really rough week & a half with exams/xmas meals etc!! December is SO hard! Just trying to hit it on the exercise now to make up for it, and hopefully having a fairly disciplined last week before xmas!
    (written on my diary food notes 'don't slide into xmas just yet' to try and remind myself ha)

What about you?
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    madiao wrote: »

The month started well but I've had a really rough week & a half with exams/xmas meals etc!! December is SO hard! Just trying to hit it on the exercise now to make up for it, and hopefully having a fairly disciplined last week before xmas!
    (written on my diary food notes 'don't slide into xmas just yet' to try and remind myself ha)

What about you?

That's okay, just pick yourself up when you fall off the wagon. You can do it!! How did your exams go? Do you get a long break before you start back?

I know what you mean though it is so hard to try to stay disciplined with everyone wanting to do Christmas celebrations in the lead up to Christmas and celebrations usually mean food haha. I just keep trying to remind myself that a couple of meals this month aren't going to totally ruin progress.

We CAN do this! :smiley:
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 years old, 5'1
    SW: 135 lbs
    CW: around 119
    GW: 117

I've upped my calories and begun working out/strength training lately. My scale broke so I'm taking that as a sign to begin measuring instead of weighing :-)
  • kmessinger14
    kmessinger14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi! Its so nice to see all these women my age in the same boat with weight loss! I was within my goal range about 1.5 years ago but then summer came around and I always found much more fun things to do in the summer than working out and pretty much gained it all back. I have my small bursts of periods where I work out, but nothing has stuck. Trying to start again and stick with it.

I'm 25, 5'3.5" and just graduated about 6 months ago, and the best part is I have more time to commit to working out. The worst part is the sitting at a desk instead of actively moving all the time at the sports bar I worked at 4-5 days a week in college.

SW: 135-136
    CW: 130
    GW: 120-124 (under 125 ultimately :blush: )

Currently *attempting* to work out about 4 times a week (running, Turbo Fire, and some weight lifting). Going strong since last week... I'm just hoping going home next week for the holidays won't ruin my progress at turning this back into a habit!
  • avotarian
    avotarian Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    love having these friends on MFP! bumping to make this visible to anyone new :)