Happy with my first 5K

Options
2»

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 5K last Saturday and must say I was very proud of myself! I am a slow runner. Been running 13 min. miles and couldn't seem to up my time. I told my family I would be very surprised and happy if I ran it in 36 min. I was shocked when I got to the course and realized it was a cross country course. While I was running, I kept thinking OMG I can't believe this course. It was very challenging. Up a couple of steep rocky hills, tall grass, mud, mud and more mud, and even steps. My shoes were soaked from the very beginning. I kept saying Oh Lord my time is going to be at least 50 min. I was telling myself , I am not going to post my time on MFP it would be too embarrassing. I was behind these two younger ladies the whole time and kept thinking, geez I would love to pass them. When I got near the finish I sprinted and passed the two ladies and crossed the finish line, I was soooo happy to hear the lady yell 36 min. Wow, totally surprised, and brought tears to my eyes! Now I can't wait to run in a normal 5K and see what my time will be? When I first started I couldn't even run one lap around the track!

GREAT JOB!!!! That was very inspiring to read!!

I have my first 5K may 21st.

And a 1/2 Sept 11.

I too am a slow runner but after reading this I feel I might be able to do this!

Great job!
  • mamakathy
    mamakathy Posts: 130
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm doing C25K and set my first 5K for June 18. I can hardly wait to see how I do. Thanks for sharing!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. Thanks for posting. :)
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Congrats! I ran my first 5K just this past Sunday and I'm signing up for my next one today! It's addicting!
  • Rice27
    Rice27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I run my first 5K on the 14th :) You had a great time considering al the hills and mud! I normally do 3.1 on teh treadmill at 36 min so you would have beat me lol

Keep it up!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Great job!!! You are so inspirational!!!!
  • deanie0515
    deanie0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!! You rocked it HotMom!!! You should be very proud you did AWESOME!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Congrats!

I love those race day endorphins. :smile:
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I ran in my first 5K last Saturday as well. The hills almost put me under, but I did it-- and in less time than I thought it would take me.
    Yeah for both of us :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • bristolleigh
    bristolleigh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I set a goal to run 5, 5k's this year and I am loving them! They are so much fun and such a personal achievement!
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That is awesome timing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    THAT'S GREAT!!! I would love that time myself. I run my 5k on threadmill in 34 min. But I know outdoor running is more challenging. Running an outdoor 5k is my goal for this summer.

Keep up the good work!
  • jizenna
    jizenna Posts: 49
    Options
    Great job!
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support. I couldn't do much without my MFP Pals!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!