Best low/no carb bread?

Options

Replies

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    c4rtr4t wrote: »
    oh i know all too well the disappointment of looking at what your low-carb/paleo bread is supposed to look like versus the tragedy in front of you.

i would recommend oopsie bread:
    food.com/recipe/oopsie-bread-497736

and as for ezekiel bread, it does still contain grains. though on their web site, they do have like almond flour options and such, however, i don't guarantee those options would be low carb.

I second the oopsie bread. :) it's really good "mcmuffin" style.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    There are reduced carb bread substitutes, of variable quality and often quite dense compared to commercial "as much air as you can sell" products. They are heavy on seeds, some have a lot of wheat gluten, flax seed or ground almonds.

http://sukrin.com/en/low-carb-bread/about/ is expensive but a reasonable impersonation, check out the ingredients list.
  • Dementedllama
    Dementedllama Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Sounds like oopsie bread might be the winner here!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Oopsie Bread gets a vote from me too, you can find the same recipe under the title Cloud Bread too if you google recipes. I made it frequently when we were doing a GF trial for my son's migraine treatment (lasted 6 months, didn't make a difference in his pain so we gladly parted ways with being GF, but I still like Oopsie bread :) )
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Yes they contain carbs. To clarify, I am talking about bad for you carbs like flour and, in my case, wheat.

You will need to clarify this statement a bit further. What makes flour, by default, unhealthy?

And it would be pretty much impossible to make anything resembling "bread" without using "flour" of some variety. If you have an allergy to wheat or a gluten sensitivity that is a different story entirely, but aside from that there is nothing unhealthy about wheat or flour. Or "refined carbs" - whatever that might mean. I have no clue.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Try Jullian Bakery...they have 0 carb bread and other low carb breads..... they mail it to you if you want....also look at Josephs Mini Pita bread with Flax and whole grains..... they have 8 carbs with 4 fiber which would make it a net 4 gram carb bread....they taste great..... they do have wheat in them ........good luck...
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    How can bread possibly be "0 carb" unless you are just eating sawdust?
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    No carb bread...
    Trying to picture it now...

Roast lean pork until it's hard and leathery, then cut it into thin slices? Might work...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    do you want to know this for a medical condition or is this just a 'carbs are bad" mentality?

Carbs aren't bad. Unhealthy, refined, carbs are bad.

a carb is a carb is carb..

barring any medical condition you can eat the bread that you like, be in a calorie deficit, and lose weight.

All carbs are not equal, and not everyone loses weight in the same way or has the same dietary preferences. You do what you want, and I will do what I want. Also, never in this post did I say I was trying to lose weight. This is a dietary choice.

how are they unequal?

and yes- ultimately everyone loses weight by a calorie deficit- how you chose to ACHIEVE a calorie deficit will vary significantly from person to person.
  • crescentgaia
    crescentgaia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the Ezekiel bread. It's been ages since I've had low carb bread so I really couldn't remember. That oopsie bread looks really good - after I'm done with the first stretch on the Whole30, I'm going to try to make some.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Yes they contain carbs. To clarify, I am talking about bad for you carbs like flour and, in my case, wheat.

You will need to clarify this statement a bit further. What makes flour, by default, unhealthy?

And it would be pretty much impossible to make anything resembling "bread" without using "flour" of some variety. If you have an allergy to wheat or a gluten sensitivity that is a different story entirely, but aside from that there is nothing unhealthy about wheat or flour. Or "refined carbs" - whatever that might mean. I have no clue.

OP is on a fitness mission for zero carb bread and is clarifying nothing...

interesting thread though ..

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    You're welcome.

double_down_kfc.top.jpg
  • JoRocka
    Options
    heh- winner winner chicken delicious dinner.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    You're welcome.

double_down_kfc.top.jpg

I believe that would be categorized as 'bad' by OP....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    do you want to know this for a medical condition or is this just a 'carbs are bad" mentality?

Carbs aren't bad. Unhealthy, refined, carbs are bad.

a carb is a carb is carb..

barring any medical condition you can eat the bread that you like, be in a calorie deficit, and lose weight.

All carbs are not equal, and not everyone loses weight in the same way or has the same dietary preferences. You do what you want, and I will do what I want. Also, never in this post did I say I was trying to lose weight. This is a dietary choice.

how are they unequal?

and yes- ultimately everyone loses weight by a calorie deficit- how you chose to ACHIEVE a calorie deficit will vary significantly from person to person.

I thought the emancipation carblamation freed the carbs???
  • JoRocka
    Options
    no- all carbs in my house are still separate but equal.
  • Dementedllama
    Options

This is your opinion and I respect it and disagree.

• Dementedllama
    Options
    Sorry about the Ezekiel bread. It's been ages since I've had low carb bread so I really couldn't remember. That oopsie bread looks really good - after I'm done with the first stretch on the Whole30, I'm going to try to make some.

That's okay I still really appreciate it! I think I'll try to make some of that too!
  • JoRocka
    Options

can you explain why you think flour is unhealthy and what standards you use to define 'unhealthy'??
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Not opinion. Science.