Net calorie consistency - are you hitting your target?

Options
taso42_DELETED
taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
This is a little bit of a NSV for me, and a little bit of bragging rights. Yesterday somebody posted a topic calling for people to post a screenshot of their net calorie intake. For whatever reason, that topic never really took off; only a few people replied. I ran my report for the past 90 days, and I was pleased to see a very consistent pattern, with my planned free days visible as well.

Screenshot-5.png

How consistent are you with your net calories? I encourage everybody to look at their report and see. (Reports -> Nutrition -> Net Calories). All the bars should about the same height., unless you are doing calorie zig-zagging or intermittent fasting (but even then, there should be a noticeable pattern that emerges).

Are you getting the results you are after? If the answer is no, then maybe you are not being very diligent with your calorie target. We should aim to hit this every day as closely as possible (a little over or a little under is fine). If you're not hitting your calorie target then just what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

If you are one of the people who rarely or never hit their target, then perhaps your target is too low or high for your metabolism and activity level. If that is the case, then change your target and start hitting it! Make a plan and work you plan! Only then can you compare your real-world results with the plan and see whether your numbers are dialed in or not.

Replies

• crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    Options
    *running to do that RIGHT NOW* i saw that thread yesterday but didnt get into it...for whatever reason i listen to you before anyone else :) *disclaimer* thats' not an *kitten*-kissing - that is just cause i see your results :)
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    Options
    now i think i suck after looking at mine...i should be ashamed...altho its not horribly all over the place, it doesnt look like yours...
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    This site has reports? lol

Nice consistency buddy!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: yea mine are up down, up down, up down.. kind of makes me dizzy :huh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    hehe, if I logged my food every day I'd be able to show, but alas, no I never hit my 2650 NET, stupid workouts. It's HARD to eat 3100 calories and be healthy! Trust me. I'm usually about 100 to 200 below, but I'm working on that.
  • stepherjensen
    stepherjensen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this - I didn't realize I could do this...mine are a little crazy, but not totally insane. WHOOT! :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Good Job Taso, I don't log food everyday so mine is all over the place.
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    bump
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I saw the thread yesterday, checked my report and was shocked. I knew I hadn't been as consistent as I should be, but I thought I had done better than I did. It looks like I was zig-zagging my calories, but so broadly that it was just wild. No wonder my progress has stalled. I wouldn't post my report, but it did give me a wake up call.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Eh, I just started doing incorporating eating correctly recently, but it's *somewhat* consistent.. I experimented with cycling calories, allotting for the amount of calories burned each day...but mine looks like this

m220325207.jpg
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    784994_1807.jpg

I am aiming for a net of about 1600 a day. You can clearly see the days where I just didn't log at all, and my naughty binge days are quite obvious. There are a few real low ones, but all the rest are pretty close!
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'll play:

5684151759_54b552cee0.jpg

I don't have an HRM, so I tend to leave a 200 calorie margin-of-error. But, I am losing less-than a pound a week. So, I think some adjustment may be needed. Which way? I'm not sure.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Mine is real even except for my spike days.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My goodness Taso, you're a machine!!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Holy **** - mine's like a rollercoaster!!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Taso you are amazing! Actually, I didn't know I could do this, have just had a look... not too bad, but will definitely try to be more consistent.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Holy **** - mine's like a rollercoaster!!

LOL!

Mine too.

Actually, with the exception of this week I was falling short. And Saturday was always a pain for me since it's my long run and its really tough to get those calories back.
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I posted min just a couple of days ago

2ytsa5x.png
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, yes I do pretty well. The beginning of this graph is the tail end of my planned 1 week maintenance break (every three months). You see I had two other maintenance days, but very controlled.

netcal-2.jpg