PF Chiangs

Options
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone suggest any low calorie meals at PF Chiangs? I am going there for dinner today so trying to pre-plan. I only eat vegetarian food, chicken, or fish. Not a huge red - meat, dark/meat fan.

Thanks!

Replies

• Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't know enough about them, but here's a link to the nutritional info on their site!

http://www.pfchangs.com/images/Nutritional Info/pfc_pilot_nutrition.html
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Spicy Chicken Specialty. and now I'm hangry. Meet you there!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    There's an oolong tea sea bass that's really tasty, but I'm not sure of the stats.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    If you're pre-planning I would suggest trying to eat really low cal throughout the day so when you have dinner you have enough calories to spend on any dish you want. Works for me. I'm currently pre-planning for my birthday dinner on Friday. Been going low carb since Monday because I WILL be having several margaritas, chips, and salsa for my 28th!
  • Turning_Hopes_to_Habits
    Options
    I love their oolong sea bass, too. It's pricey, though.
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I usually eat the beef and broccoli there, but you could also do the moo gai pan (sp). It's one of the healthiest dishes there and I'm pretty sure it's beef free.
  • fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps are a good choice

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Pretty much anything at that place that isn't raw is going to be a fat, sodium and (often) hidden-sugar bomb. And that chain is notorious for playing the serving-size game on its nutritional information to make things look less calorie-laden than they are - so be careful, if it matters to you!
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The moo goo gai pan is good and low in calories. It's a chicken dish so you don't have to worry about the beef issue. It's my favorite because I like the veggies and chicken.
    Enjoy your dinner!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    When I go I just do a large side of the spicy greenbeans (240 calories) and some brown rice.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    The chicken lettuce wraps are amazing and good on calories.
  • wteachwo
    wteachwo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I worked at Changs for a long time in college. I highly recommend going to the website and looking at their calorie counts for their dishes just to get a ballpark idea of things you'd want to order. A lot of stuff is much higher calorie than you'd think.

Also be aware that pretty much everything there is family style and meant to be shared. In addition they don't use MSG so they use sugar to add flavor to their dishes, which drives up the calorie count. For instance, their Great Wall of China chocolate cake dessert has enough saturated fat for two days. The pork lo mein packs 1820 calories and 127 g of fat and I've seen people eat this as their entree!

So if you're counting calories and trying to be sensible, just be aware of how much you're actually eating. You can get things stock velveted so that they aren't fried or glazed in a calorie-laden sauce. Pretty much stay away from mongolian beef or any of the lo meins. When I worked there I'd eat the Sinagpore street noodles and split it into two or three meals. I also would eat the buddhas feast (steamed, kids size) and a bowl of the wonton soup (extra chicken, extra shrimp) and feel super satisfied.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Pretty much anything at that place that isn't raw is going to be a fat, sodium and (often) hidden-sugar bomb. And that chain is notorious for playing the serving-size game on its nutritional information to make things look less calorie-laden than they are - so be careful, if it matters to you!
    Pretty much this. It's tough to choose well there (ironic for "chinese food"). If there's a grilled fish get that. Otherwise, take 2/3 home.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    skylark94 wrote: »
    When I go I just do a large side of the spicy greenbeans (240 calories) and some brown rice.

Smart.