Please flag the spam !

Options

Replies

• katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I've been noticing a lot of abuse of this recently. In fact, there was one discussion I was just reading about bariatric surgery in which every post but two had at least one flag, and the OP had three flags for asking people's opinions on getting it done!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I've been noticing a lot of abuse of this recently. In fact, there was one discussion I was just reading about bariatric surgery in which every post but two had at least one flag, and the OP had three flags for asking people's opinions on getting it done!

I see that this was flagged. I currently have 7 flags from talking about or mentioning flags in my posts. I'm wondering when the hilarity will wear off for those who think this is funny.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

I see that this was flagged. I currently have 7 flags from talking about or mentioning flags in my posts. I'm wondering when the hilarity will wear off for those who think this is funny.

I think there might be a few too many teenagers in our midst. ....

• Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    The real hilarity is the people complaining that users will abuse the function because they dislike what another user said have since become the flaggers. The butthurt is REAL.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Got two off the boards today. Yeah.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    The real hilarity is the people complaining that users will abuse the function because they dislike what another user said have since become the flaggers. The butthurt is REAL.

Hopefully admin will take care of them....

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    They are at it again. I'm on my nightly tradition of going through every board and flagging the spam before bed.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    There is someone who is selecting abuse flags everytime certain users post. I really think that type of harassment should be cut down on. Most of the posts are no where near abusive. It makes flagging actual abusive posts a joke...
  • diannethegeek
    Options

And this brings me to 10 total flags. 9 of those are from talking about the flagging feature.

• RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have been. Seems more spammy around here since they redid the forums.
  • Christine_72
    Options

And this brings me to 10 total flags. 9 of those are from talking about the flagging feature.

ignore them. It's just the immature teens on the boards who've got nothing better or constructive to do with their lives :'(

• diannethegeek
    Options

ignore them. It's just the immature teens on the boards who've got nothing better or constructive to do with their lives :'(

Mostly I'm just posting so that I can keep track for future reference since there's no easy way to see which of our posts are flagged.

• diannethegeek
    Options

And there's number 11. Hilarious.

• Christine_72
    Options

And there's number 11. Hilarious.

you go girl lol :p

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

I'm at 10 spam/abuse flags myself. Funny, because I've never posted anything spammy or against the rules before. Seems that whenever someone mentions the flagging feature being misused, someone has to flag it.

(Waits paitently.)
  • Betsyx72
    Betsyx72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What about the MFP-sponsored ads that are spam???? It's hypocritical to flag member spam but not MFP spam! (and I don't post spam, by the way - I hate all of the ads).
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I saw a post with every comment with 2 flags because people just didn't agree with each other. Not sure this feature is that good if it can be misused like that =/ Would be better if members weren't allowed on the forums until being a member for a certain amount of time and even than limited to a couple posts a day for a while while still being able to read the information.
  • missiontofitness
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Betsyx72 wrote: »
    What about the MFP-sponsored ads that are spam???? It's hypocritical to flag member spam but not MFP spam! (and I don't post spam, by the way - I hate all of the ads).

I've actually had a huge problem with malicious ads on here lately! My Java update didn't remove its previous version, and the ads were (I am assuming) taking advantage of that security loophole on my computer. Problem only started happening recently. I was having awful issues with redirects, and eventually one redirect automatically downloaded something onto my computer. The ads on here really make me nervous now. I get a lot of strange "AdChoices" automated ads that are for spam or sites that look like viruses, and they definitely don't reflect my browsing history.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    I saw a post with every comment with 2 flags because people just didn't agree with each other. Not sure this feature is that good if it can be misused like that =/ Would be better if members weren't allowed on the forums until being a member for a certain amount of time and even than limited to a couple posts a day for a while while still being able to read the information.

Limiting posts would take the fun out of the forums. I do think that a time limit like other sites do would be helpful. Most spambots make throwaway accounts for that reason.