It's 11:30 AM and I'm NOT STARVING!!

Options
I am sooo excited. I normally am famished by 10:30 AM after a 9:00 AM meal and today I feel great! What I did different:

8oz almond milk
1/4 low fat vanilla yogurt
1 whole banana
1/4 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1 scoop Amazing Grass Amaing Meal Original
12 ice cubes
= 374 calories of goodness (swear it was like drinking Jamba Juice) and 3-3.5 hours of satiety.

Tomorrow I'll do my normal Whey Factors Double Chocolate Protein Shake, plus a mid-morning snack (whey protein'ing just to help with the muscle soreness, etc.), but I'll start alternating the two b/c I just can't believe I am not starved half to death right now!

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have a high protein breakfast every day and it really works to keep me full....one cup of cottage cheese and 1/3 cup craisins. Together, 310 cals. Yummmmmmm
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what adding a little fiber will do the time it takes to become hungry again.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I'm not surprised you aren’t starving, an almost 400 cal meal shouldn’t have to be followed up so soon. My breakfast is 120 cals at 6:30 am and so I have a snack at 10:00 am = 100 cals or less.

I did the protein shake with fruit breakfast thing for over 6 months thinking perhaps a bigger breakfast was indeed the solution as recommended by many (but still It was 255 cals max) and found it did NOT fill me up more than my usual love ½ cup of all bran despite what people say about protein.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I had to go back to eating tuna for breakfast after 2 weeks of not because I was getting famished by snack time. So yes protein for breakfast (dense protein for me) is awesome.
  • zolamercedes
    zolamercedes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I really have a messed up sense of hunger then. Even after eating two scrambled eggs, toast with smart balance spread, and a chicken apple sausage, I'll be hungry an hour and a half to two hours later, and that's pushing 600 cals for an AM meal. I am one those people that is ALWAYS hungry. So this protein shake thing is an amazing feat for me. YAY
  • runnerc60
    runnerc60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot of sugar?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    That is really good news. I found that as I lost weight, over time, I had hunger sensations a lot less often and I can no longer eat big portion sizes like I used to. Good changes all around! Yay indeed!!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Seems like a lot of sugar?

all from fruit. Not necessarily a bad thing. Great pre-workout.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I had to go back to eating tuna for breakfast after 2 weeks of not because I was getting famished by snack time. So yes protein for breakfast (dense protein for me) is awesome.

I do tuna and tomatos for breakfast and I get the weirdest looks from people. lol Glad to know I'm not the only one! :)
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I really have a messed up sense of hunger then. Even after eating two scrambled eggs, toast with smart balance spread, and a chicken apple sausage, I'll be hungry an hour and a half to two hours later, and that's pushing 600 cals for an AM meal. I am one those people that is ALWAYS hungry. So this protein shake thing is an amazing feat for me. YAY

I am starving all day long too- doesnt matter what I eat, I am scrounging in a couple of hours! I am going to give that a try.... Thanks for the info!!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options

I do tuna and tomatos for breakfast and I get the weirdest looks from people. lol Glad to know I'm not the only one! :)

Wow, I like tuna but don't think I could make myself eat it for breakfast! :bigsmile: