Another fitness tracker band post..I'm so confused!

Options
1235»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Well, Jawbone just postponed their release to mid-Feb. *sigh* Well, at least they are trying to work out things.

*throws a small tantrum because impatient*
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Well, Jawbone just postponed their release to mid-Feb. *sigh* Well, at least they are trying to work out things.

They told me on Monday that it was early Jan. I told the guy that they're putting people in a very bad position because the pre-orders previously listed either 12/14 or 12/22 as the release date....before Christmas. Can you imagine how many people paid for priority shipping for the express purpose of giving these as Christmas presents, and now they won't get them in time...AND THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW, BECAUSE JAWBONE HASN'T SENT ANY COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE DELAY.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

They told me on Monday that it was early Jan. I told the guy that they're putting people in a very bad position because the pre-orders previously listed either 12/14 or 12/22 as the release date....before Christmas. Can you imagine how many people paid for priority shipping for the express purpose of giving these as Christmas presents, and now they won't get them in time...AND THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW, BECAUSE JAWBONE HASN'T SENT ANY COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE DELAY.

For anyone that has preordered, Jawbone is offering $40 off or a free Up Move to them.

• SnuggleSmacks
    Options

For anyone that has preordered, Jawbone is offering $40 off or a free Up Move to them.

It would be great if they communicated this offer to their customers.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    I had my Fitbit One for two years before it quit working, and when it did, after a bit of trouble shooting, they just sent me a completely new one. Their customer service is outstanding. I just did the pre-order for the FitBit Charge HR, got it Monday, and I'm liking it so far.

You got it already..cool. I am ordering mine. I had 3 fitbits for several years so I am a very satisfied user. I lost one, drowned one. I have now had the same "One" for about 2 years.
  • trivard676
    trivard676 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I've had the Fitbit Flex for a year now, and while I like it, I think I'm going to jump ship to the Jawbone Up3 for superficial reasons. The fitbit, as useful as it is, is ugly as hell. You can spend money to get the nice sleeves and better bracelets, but I think I'll try the Jawbone on for size.
  • mtgrzz
    mtgrzz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I find this interesting because I contacted Jawbone via email today and they told me they are not offering any incentives due to the delay and that there is no delay. The preorders that originally said 4-5 weeks for shipping should be notified soon. :neutral_face:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    mtgrzz wrote: »
    I find this interesting because I contacted Jawbone via email today and they told me they are not offering any incentives due to the delay and that there is no delay. The preorders that originally said 4-5 weeks for shipping should be notified soon. :neutral_face:

Had you already preordered the device? The offer is only to those that had already pre-ordered, not those that are planning to.
  • pedalpusher361
    Options
    Just preordered the Up3! This thread has been an interesting read and helped me make my decision. Thank you :smile:
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I will say that the inaccuracies I've noticed with the optical HRM seems to UNDER read my heart rate, so at least my calorie burn is not getting over-estimated but under. It can still be a bit frustrating, but at least I am getting a good picture.

I'll probably wait for the UP3 to be offered by Amazon and get it just to compare the 2. I'm a data nerd like that. :)
  • PikaKnight
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Another option to consider (if you are okay with not having sleep monitored or flights of stairs and you are more focused on the heart rate factor of it all) is the Mio Fuse. (It still counts steps, just to be clear)

I have a friend on my FL using it and he's compared it with his Polar HRM and the readings are almost exact. In fact, the Mio Fuse touts that it is as accurate as an HRM with a strap.

Although the app isn't very detailed, one of the likable things about the Mio Fuse (from reviews) is its ability to work well with 3rd party apps. Although it doesn't link directly to MFP, you can go through other apps like MapMyFitness, Endmondo, etc in order to still get the calories counted on it.

Although it is pretty cool looking, it is more on the bulkier side of things.
  • mtgrzz
    Options
    Pika, yes I did, on December 1.
  • mtgrzz
    Options
    I emailed Jawbone again and actually received a phone call. I had asked why I hadn't been offered the discount or a Move and she said because my ship date is still in tact (6-7 weeks). It was those that had pre-ordered that were possibly supposed to ship before Christmas. We shall see...
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    My confirmation said the ship date was Dec. 22. Today. However, I received a call yesterday from Jawbone apologizing that it would not be shipped on time. Nothing was offered. When I said that this was unacceptable, I was told that someone higher up would call me in 1-2 business days.
  • bio79
    bio79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

[/quote]

I see what you're saying, but it also has the other sensors, such as galvanic skin response and skin temperature which alert it to the intensity of whatever you're doing. It alters the caloric burn accordingly. This is the tech that came from Bodymedia, which was THE most accurate first generation tracker. So, it should be AT LEAST as accurate as the Bodymedia bands, and that's a lot more accurate than the bands using optical pulse sensors for continuous heart rate reading, since they simply don't work accurately on a continuous basis.[/quote]

the Basis Peak also has the galvanic skin response and the skin temperature sensors :) that is ultimately why I chose it, it has all the sensors of the body media plus a 24/7 hr monitor and it is waterproof :)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    bio79 wrote: »

the Basis Peak also has the galvanic skin response and the skin temperature sensors :) that is ultimately why I chose it, it has all the sensors of the body media plus a 24/7 hr monitor and it is waterproof :)

Doesn't the Basis Peak use optical sensors for the heart rate? This is the issue most of the constant HR monitor bands are having. The optical sensor is great when the user is standing still, but crap when the user is in motion. This issue is consistent across all brands that use it. Not a single one of them has gotten positive reviews regarding the accuracy of the heart rate by a majority of users.

The Up3 uses a totally different tech for heart rate: bioimpedence. That's what the BodyMedia also used, although it didn't do constant monitoring (and neither does the Up3 at this time, although they say that's on the way with a future software update.) As with the BodyMedia, the heart rate is sampled at various times and that influences the caloric burn, even when you can't see the numbers. That's what made the BodyMedia so accurate, and hopefully will with the Up3.

The Basis Peak might have similar sensors, but they are not the BodyMedia sensors. Jawbone bought out BodyMedia, and the Up3 will have the actual BodyMedia tech, plus some from Jawbone.
  • mtgrzz
    Options
    So, given I heard a rumor that the UP3 may not even happen now I decided to go to Walmart and try the Charge HR. I am day 2 into it and I have to say I'm really liking it. So far everything seems accurate. Heartrate is right on target. I'm not sure on steps but it said 5200 steps yesterday and I see that as about right. My iPhone said 3000 and I did not have it with me all day. I didn't think that I'd care about a display but I have to say that I like it. And, the call notification is very handy. I like the fact I don't have to look at my phone for updates. We shall see but wanted to throw that out there.
  • charli0329
    charli0329 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started using the Samsung Gear Fit. I love i It syncs to my phone- I can read texts, accept phone calls, track sleep, buzzes with my wake up alarm, tracks steps. Genuinely all in one.

I hate that MFP doesn't sync with the gear fit. I am now trying to sync the gear fit to an EndMondo account Use it to sync to MFP. Has anyone else tried this?