Homeschooling Mom looking to get fit!

Options
Trying to get fit for the first time in forever..;) I hit a new low.. (or High I should say) in the weight department. Can't seem to lose the baby fat now that my youngest is one. I'm older this time (5th kid..;), but I need to stay healthy for these guys! Looking for friends who want to encourage each other. I need family-friendly recipes, slow cooker recipes, and of course to give encouragement to each other!

God bless!
-Amy

Replies

• BeccaBenge98
    BeccaBenge98 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I read your post, and thought I wrote it! Seroiusly, we have five children and homeschooling as well. I'm trying to lose around 40 pounds. I'm trying to add in Leslie Sansone videos to my day to help also.
    Rebecca
  • BeccaBenge98
    BeccaBenge98 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker recipes are the best. We like frozen chicken with a jar of salsa and a can of black beans. Then we make tacos with that. We're in Indiana. You're in Florida?
    Rebecca
  • shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am down 125 since January. No crazy diet, surgery, or pills.
  • FloridaHSMom
    Options
    I'm in Florida, but I'm originally from Michigan.. not too far from you Rebecca! I like the sound of that recipe.. what kind of frozen chicken do you use? ;)
  • veronakings
    Options
    omg i cannot imagine working out on top of being a mom. I babysit a little girl every so often and afterward i'm just exhausted from all the running around and jumping and rolling on the ground and dancing. last night we jumped up and down for 20 minutes straight and then had a my little pony dance party for the next hour. afterwards we ran around the house pretending to clean up various types of poop. ha. for real idk how you ladies do it.
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I homeschooled for many years, and always felt it was so hard to fit in time to exercise in any systematic way. It's easy to fall into the habit of thinking, "Omigosh, we have to do math, and then history, and then we have this field trip planned, etc etc"!

But the funny thing is that now I've been working out and logging, my son (now in 12th grade and doing his academics at a brick-and-mortar school although he still is also considered a homeschooler and does additional independent work) is exercising at the gym too and is more aware of what he eats and whether it's healthy, because we have conversations at the house about it. And I'm realizing, "Oh. Right. I really could have done this when I was being Teacher Mom. Duh." I sort of tried, and we ate pretty nutritiously and learned about it and all, but in retrospect I realize that I wasn't modeling such great eating behavior myself and so, well, you know how that goes! Gotta walk the talk :smile:

So the moral of the story is ... you CAN find time for yourself! And even if it seems to take time away from school work, it'll be great for your kids, too. Whatever you do and learn here or in any fitness activities, you'll end up sharing with your kids, so it's all part of learning. Take care of yourself and you'll be taking care of your kids! :smile:
  • Renb003
    Renb003 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, home school my 3 kids, feel free to add me.......i do alot of home cooking!
  • Chanti1620
    Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    i'm 24 and have 2 little ones 2 and 8 weeks
    i've been doing ok with losing weight, but i'd love to have you as a friend