Replies

• beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
  • Birdy989
    Birdy989 Posts: 52 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well, I'm going to be the opposing viewpoint on here. A friend turned me onto Thermoxyn about 2 weeks ago, and I love it! I have been doing cardio and some strength training and eating super clean (mostly Paleo) according to my calories and macros. But I have a SUPER SLOW and broken metabolism due to years of VLC and starvation dieting. I had hit a plateau, and couldn't seem to muster up the energy in my dark, cold climate (I live in northern MI). He's a bodybuilder, and when I asked him about something legitimate that could help rev up my metabolism and keep me focused on the long-term goal without giving into winter/holiday cravings, he recommended Thermoxyn. He had beta tested it himself with good results. The stuff has been a life saver for me. It works! I dropped about 4 lbs in the last 2 weeks (which is a lot for me) and I have an incredible amount of energy and my cravings for pasta, sweets and other bad carbs went completely away. I also feel warmer, and love the little boost of "awakeness" it gives me in the morning. No, there is no magic pill out there. But sometimes these supplements can give the right boost in the right way at the right time if we use them correctly.

Just sayin'...
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    No such thing as bad carbs...
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Nope. Nope nope nope.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Empty your wallet upside down over your couch. This way you're only temporarily losing your money. Eat at a caloric deficit and you'll lose.

^^ This. BUT! Don't make your deficit too aggressive or you won't lose. Your body will hang onto it

myth.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Birdy989 wrote: »
    Well, I'm going to be the opposing viewpoint on here. A friend turned me onto Thermoxyn about 2 weeks ago, and I love it! I have been doing cardio and some strength training and eating super clean (mostly Paleo) according to my calories and macros. But I have a SUPER SLOW and broken metabolism due to years of VLC and starvation dieting. I had hit a plateau, and couldn't seem to muster up the energy in my dark, cold climate (I live in northern MI). He's a bodybuilder, and when I asked him about something legitimate that could help rev up my metabolism and keep me focused on the long-term goal without giving into winter/holiday cravings, he recommended Thermoxyn. He had beta tested it himself with good results. The stuff has been a life saver for me. It works! I dropped about 4 lbs in the last 2 weeks (which is a lot for me) and I have an incredible amount of energy and my cravings for pasta, sweets and other bad carbs went completely away. I also feel warmer, and love the little boost of "awakeness" it gives me in the morning. No, there is no magic pill out there. But sometimes these supplements can give the right boost in the right way at the right time if we use them correctly.

Just sayin'...

so much brosciene…

just saying…

do you take unicornmoxyn too???
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    auntrhon66 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Empty your wallet upside down over your couch. This way you're only temporarily losing your money. Eat at a caloric deficit and you'll lose.

^^ This. BUT! Don't make your deficit too aggressive or you won't lose. Your body will hang onto it

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

Thanks for posting this. Why does everyone think that starvation mode is real when it's not...

Because I've seen it happen! With several people. They up their calories after a plateau. BAM! A week later, they're down a few pounds. Not every body works the same.

And @SnuggleSmacks, your little article doesn't say starvation mode doesn't exist, but that it's not exactly what everyone THINKS it is, and gave it a big fancy name, because they feel like they have to be an arrogant jerk in the article to get their point across. Adaptive Thermogenesis.

Within a bell curve of normal variation, yes, barring an actual medical condition, human bodies do work the same.

And you really think the author of the article made up some big words to be a jerk? Really? They couldn't have just been using the correct scientific term, since "starvation mode" is such a blatant misnomer? If you think starvation mode exists, then how do you explain people who were nearly skeletal in photos from concentration camps? Or victims of anorexia?
  • mdove3411
    mdove3411 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Basically if Dr. Oz says it's great, avoid it like the plague. He's such an advertising *kitten* who doesn't know medicine from a hole in the ground! He's about as much of a Dr. as Dr. Pepper.

LOL!
  • TropicalParaMonster
    Options
    No it doesn't. Been there! I'm hurt I wasted $30 on nothing. :|
  • Birdy989
    Birdy989 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Just sayin'...

so much brosciene…

just saying…

Nice -- sarcasm is SUCH a welcome form of support on this board. I was just answering her question with honesty. At the very least, are you familiar with the placebo effect? I know a bunch of people who drink bulletproof coffee, and it works for them. Is there science behind that, or does it just make them feel better and curb cravings? Honestly, what do you care if it's working for me?

And to the other poster that said "no such thing as bad carbs" -- right. Uh, huh. A handful of Oreos with 5,000 fake ingredients and gobs of sugar is totally equivalent to a salad with a side of sweet potatoes.

SMH
  • mdove3411
    Options

Just sayin'...

so much brosciene…

just saying…

Nice -- sarcasm is SUCH a welcome form of support on this board. I was just answering her question with honesty. At the very least, are you familiar with the placebo effect? I know a bunch of people who drink bulletproof coffee, and it works for them. Is there science behind that, or does it just make them feel better and curb cravings? Honestly, what do you care if it's working for me?

And to the other poster that said "no such thing as bad carbs" -- right. Uh, huh. A handful of Oreos with 5,000 fake ingredients and gobs of sugar is totally equivalent to a salad with a side of sweet potatoes.

SMH

Don't sweat it. People have been rude to me in the community so many times for no reason. I've just learned to ignore them. Nearly every post or comment you make will get a smart answer from someone & I was under the impression we were here to help and support each other. Thanks for your reply. :smiley:
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ok I tried it& it did make me feel a bit jittery & not really hungry but I didn't like the feeling- I stopped using it due to just did not like how I felt on it- only really lost weight since on MFP- (and poster not all bodies react same I work with cancer patients - there a lot of variation in how a human accepts or rejects chemical substances whether plant or synthetic)
    - Nothing bad happened really but I did think it a waste of time/ money!
  • mdove3411
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's replies... I don't think I will try it. Doesn't seem to really do anything according to people who have taken it but I was just curious because I had heard so much about it.
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I had a group of family members do it for 2 months. They got no results.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Just sayin'...

so much brosciene…

just saying…

SMH

you answered her question with a bunch of broscience that was told to you by some "bodybuilder"..so that qualifies him to give you advice on what to put into your body?

so yea, I called you on it..

News flash, the reason you started losing again is because you were in a calorie deficit, not because of some magical supplement.

And yes, Oreos are not "bad" for you they are just food that you use for energy. You can eat Oreos, be in a calorie deficit, hit your macros for the day and lose weight.

just look up the twinke diet.

oh and clean eating and paleo have nothing to do with weight loss.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    mdove3411 wrote: »

Just sayin'...

so much brosciene…

just saying…

SMH

Don't sweat it. People have been rude to me in the community so many times for no reason. I've just learned to ignore them. Nearly every post or comment you make will get a smart answer from someone & I was under the impression we were here to help and support each other. Thanks for your reply. :smiley:

I don't support pseudo science....
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Just sayin'...

so much brosciene…

just saying…

lol1.gif
  • psk2347
    psk2347 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Garcinia Cambogia works very slowly. I would talk to your doctor about Phentermene. Its amazing sutff.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    psk2347 wrote: »
    Garcinia Cambogia works very slowly. I would talk to your doctor about Phentermene. Its amazing sutff.

no, just no.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    mdove3411 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone who has had success takes it? I heard that I could help in weight loss & I'm just curious what others results were. Ps. I know that eating right and exercising are the main ways to loose weight.. just wondering if this helps.

It's really good stuff, you should try it for a while.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!