Am i being to sensitive?

Options
My secret santa present from work is a box of Quality street

I think i am being too sensitive - the comment said when i got it was...i wonder what that is!!!!!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Huh?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    are you saying they gave you the chocolates for a particular reason?
  • carolutasthree
    Options
    Box of chocolates for secret santa? Sheer laziness on the giver's behalf. I would be sensitive too :)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Yep. You're being too sensitive.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Qualitystreet.jpg

Looks like a fun gift to me. Nice and colorful, plus they're sweets.

I'm not sure what the issue here is? Are you balking at someone giving you sweets when you're trying to 'diet'? Are you balking at the cost of a box of sweets? The 'thoughtfulness' of the present?

IMO, eat the candy, in moderation, within your calorie goal.
    I'm actually a little jealous... they're so colorful and pretty! I think I'd be quite excited to receive a box of those.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I seriously didn't know what that was. SCORE for you! I love chocolate!
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I suspect so. I can't see any issues with receiving chocolates/candy at Christmas. It's a pretty common generic gift....not very original, but not hurtful. The comment part confuses me. I have no idea what it means, but it doesn't sound rude.
  • Misslove36
    Misslove36 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I agree, ignore me, think i am just being over sensitive as i do love chocolate

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Yep I wouldnt worry about it. If you dont wnat them hand them out. Its just chocolate not the black spot.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Maybe your secret santa person isn't a big fan of yours so didn't put much though into the gift?

If you don't like, throw it away.
  • wildeyezz
    wildeyezz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Be thankful for all you get..and if it's not for you, then just share it.

My hubby brought home a package of shortbread cookies someone gifted to him at work. I took one, enjoyed it and the next morning he took it back to work to leave on his desk for others to enjoy.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'd get a big glass dish and put them out to share, enjoy the color of the wrappers and since they are individually wrapped put just a few in your desk drawer for portion control.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    what's the oversensitive for?

I don't understand?
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think i'm a horrible person - because if i got a box of those i'd throw them out. 1. They are yucky chocolates and 2. i don't like chocolate and 3. chocolate.

Now if it were Bernard Callebaut, that would be a different story. I don't like chocolate and I love those.

OP - you are being too sensitive :) Just enjoy or regift!!
  • KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD I love those candies! We hardly ever see them anymore-you have to order them!

Please, enjoy an orange-wrapped one on my behalf. I will live vicariously through you.
  • 28stars
    28stars Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love those! I'm not sure why you were feeling upset, but I don't think you should get offended. And if you don't want them, just announce that they're for everyone and leave them open on the side - if your workplace is anything like mine they'll all be gone in a couple of hours!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I think I see what you mean - the person's facetious comment implied that it would be expected that anyone who knows you would get you candy and it could be interpreted as a jab at your weight. Is this what you mean?

Yes, you probably are being too sensitive. They know that chocolate brings you joy(you did say you love chocolate, and I assume they know that), and they are sharing that joy with you. FWIW, even at my fighting weight, my love of all things sugary, especially chocolate, is a running joke among almost everyone who knows me.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question. Are you upset because you think it's intentional sabotage or do you just not like the gift?

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Play nicely everyone, I think English isn't their first language!

I disagree with throwing food away - donate to a raffle or food bank.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Misslove36 wrote: »
    ...i wonder what that is!!!!!

Given the distinctive octagonal shape of the tin that must have been sarcastic as it is so obvious. A bit like when you get wine that is wrapped as a present...