Bathroom scale (issues and recommendations)

Options
I feel like my scale is going all wonky. If I step on, step off, then step back on again the weight changes. Sometimes it takes over 5 times to get a consistent reading. I thought maybe the battery was going, but I swapped it out and still happening. I think it maybe time for a new scale. Anyone have any recommendations? What scale do you use, and are you happy with it?

Replies

• TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I use a digital scale, I don't remember the brand but I got it at Walmart for a reasonable price. I recommend digital if you weigh yourself often like I do!
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem with most scales. Even the ones you pay $$$ for. That's why i now have 2 scales. One in the bathroom and one in my en suit. They usually give me a rough idea of what i weigh which is all i need as weight fluctuates all the time. That's also why i only weigh myself once every 2 weeks and once a month during maintenance.

How ever we do use the Health o Meter Professional Upright Scale 402KL at my work and they are meant to be very accurate. Just don't like the Idea of paying $200+ for one. The rough estimation i get from both my scales is always close to the one at work also.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    TopazCutie wrote: »
    I use a digital scale, I don't remember the brand but I got it at Walmart for a reasonable price. I recommend digital if you weigh yourself often like I do!

My current scale is digital. It's just 5+ years old. And yes I weight my self everyday.
    I've had this problem with most scales. Even the ones you pay $$$ for. That's why i now have 2 scales. One in the bathroom and one in my en suit. They usually give me a rough idea of what i weigh which is all i need as weight fluctuates all the time. That's also why i only weigh myself once every 2 weeks and once a month during maintenance.

How ever we do use the Health o Meter Professional Upright Scale 402KL at my work and they are meant to be very accurate. Just don't like the Idea of paying $200+ for one. The rough estimation i get from both my scales is always close to the one at work also.

Yeah. I don't think I could justify spending that much on a scale. I've been considered the fit bit scale but it is also way up there in price.
  • SaraWolfe8451
    SaraWolfe8451 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001KXZ808/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A37RGE1MLU3I6K

I love this scale! My dad works for a company that has a big upright doctor office style scale, and he said this scale is accurate compared to that one! Sturdy scale, and has a large enough display that I can read it without my glasses!
  • txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I bought a digital scale at Walmart for $17 about a week ago. It's awesome.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Digital scale from Walmart here- probably the same one the lady above me has. It's just plain and digital and doesn't give me any problems. I dont' know how much you weigh, but the only issue I had when I first started (at 317), it didn't quite like me weighing that much. Often it would give me an E and I would have to re-weigh, but it would eventually show me the weight. But once I got under 300 I had no issues with that.