women with hairy arms

Options
megan_h26
megan_h26 Posts: 325 Member
edited December 2014 in Chit-Chat
Do you prefer to shave your arms or not?

Replies

• CarveH20
    Options
    don't do it...
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't. They'll just be hairier when it grows back.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Funny-Razor-Ads-Fresh-And-Perfect-Shave-22-320x240.jpg
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I waxed them when I was younger and it made them grow in darker. Now all the chlorine from lap swimming has bleached them so much I can barely see them anymore.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Welp from a beauticians standpoint ...depends on how hairy...you can wax it and it wont come back any worse so I say if it bothers you remove it why walk around with something that is an issue..but if its not a worry then leave it...PS do not try to wax it yourself let a salon do it.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Welp from a beauticians standpoint ...depends on how hairy...you can wax it and it wont come back any worse so I say if it bothers you remove it why walk around with something that is an issue..but if its not a worry then leave it...PS do not try to wax it yourself let a salon do it.
    If you wax long enough does it start to come back in finer?
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I am part Wookie, but no, I don't shave my arms. I did a few times when I was young for the summer, with bad side effects. Fortunately, it's blonde, so it's pretty much invisible unless you know what to look for.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My arms are hairy but the hair has become finer and finer over the years so now it's not noticeable. I still shave from time to time just because I prefer how my arms feel when they're completely smooth.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I have hairy arms, but it's blonde and I won't ever shave them. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO SHAVE MY ARMS TOO! :laugh:
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    nope nope! My arms are hairy (and thankfully on the lighter side of brown), but I would never shave them! My sister shaves hers, as she got the black arm hair, and they're just always prickly! If you don't shave them every day, they're just so uncomfortable and sometimes if she shaves in the morning, they're prickly by evening. If I rub up against her it drives me crazy. I can't imagine rubbing against yourself!
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I shave mine as often as I shave my legs, which is fairly often in warmer weather. I look like a grizzly bear otherwise, it's gross.
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hell no. If I cared enough about it, I'd wax. I wouldn't shave.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I did it once when I was maybe 13. Worst mistake ever. I won't do it again. Laser, yes. Shave, no.
    To share, I worked with a guy who was into himself. His hair was a beautifully dark shade of black. He was an attractive guy, just conceited. He shaved his arms. It was gross. He constantly had ingrown hairs and prickly arms and you KNEW he shaved them.

Some men like chics with hair on their arms.
    It's probably not as bad as you think it is.

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I had very hairy arms even as a pre-teen. I started shaving them around the age of 16 because I was so embarrassed by it. The hair is definitely dark and noticeable. I remember having a problem with getting prickly by the next day, which is no good, so I had to shave them every day. I don't find it time consuming or inconvenient to do it daily - I pretty much have to shave any part of my body daily to avoid getting prickly because my hair grows so damn fast.

Over the years, the prickly issue has gone away. I don't know if my hair naturally got thinner or slower growing as I aged, but all I know is that I can go two days and not be prickly. It's perfectly smooth for AT LEAST 24-36 hours. I'm pretty sure my husband has no clue that I do it. Even if he does, I don't really care. They look a lot better shaved than they did hairy.

I've also never gotten ingrown hairs or razor burn there. Which is strange, because I have very sensitive skin.

It's a total wive's tale that shaved hair grows back thicker and/or darker. It's just not true and I wish people would stop saying that. It may SEEM thicker as it's growing out, but once you get past the prickly stage and it grows to the same length it once was, the hair is just like the old hair - it IS the same hair.

As for waxing...meh. I get Brazilian waxes and dealing with hair growing between waxes and not being able to do anything about it until it's long enough to wax again - it may be fine for pubic hair, but I'm not sure about arm hair if you really want it gone. Since hair grows in phases, it seems to grow in thinner and more sparse between waxes, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

If only we could all afford laser hair removal or electrolysis.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I shave mine. I have a half sleeve and don't like how the hair grows through the tattoo
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    No! Did it once, never wIll again!
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I seem to be the exception. I shave mine every morning in the shower just with razor and water. Takes literally 15 seconds and it's good for the day. I've done it for years. If I stopped, it would be unpretty for a while, and then I could wax or laser or whatever else people do.
  • Vincisomethng
    Vincisomethng Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Actually the "they grow back thicker" thing is a wive's tale. They just feel coarse. But as for shaving arms- that's not really something I think about. I've done it a few times in middle school, but now it's just whatever.
  • kangakev
    kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I think body hair on a woman is attractive