Almond Breeze yogurt=yuck-o! Just a heads up for my dairy-free friends!

Options
Just a heads up--in case you're looking for a dairy free yogurt. Don't waste you money on the almond breeze one. So delicious coconut milk yogurt is okay. It tastes like cold creamy baby food. But the almond breeze has the worst texture ever. I get a little grossed out thinking about it 24 hours after trying it.

Just a heads up!

Replies

• JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    What's the texture and taste like?
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah it's just rancid tasting. The texture is runny and it tastes like it's gone off.
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's watery. I really like non-dairy yogurts but threw that one away. It does look like it's gone bad-I checked the expiration date as a just in case.
  • avoidtheclapp107
    avoidtheclapp107 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    And it tastes like fake sweeteners...but not in a tolerable way. In a mix of mixed berry tums and bathroom cleaner way.
  • avoidtheclapp107
    Options
    Maitria wrote: »
    Yes, it's watery. I really like non-dairy yogurts but threw that one away. It does look like it's gone bad-I checked the expiration date as a just in case.

Which ones do you like? I'm just trying them out.
  • Maitria
    Options
    I honestly really like the soy based ones. I'm pretty sure I've had an almond one that wasn't bad (maybe So Delicious) but I always go back to soy. My favorite from So Delicious is Key Lime, but I haven't been able to find that in ages. Nancy's and Whole Soy are fantastic. Wildwood makes great everything, but they discontinued their yogurt. :'(
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The lactose-free Liberte Greek Yogurt is really good. There isnt flavors yet, just plain and vanilla but they are very good!
  • Maitria
    Options
    This thread has been enlightening- the reason I can't find So Delicious key lime anymore is because they stopped making soy yogurts. :'( Some of us still remember that your original brand name was Soy Delicious! >:) They also discontinued their snicker doodle and blueberry cheesecake soy ice creams. :#
  • veganstarchivore
    Options
    Totally agree. I picked one up a while back to try. I'm not vegan/vegetarian or even lactose intolerant, but I always like to try new items.... it was vile! I spit it right back into the cup. :s
  • woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla cultured coconut milk was okay
    Unsweetened plain cultured coconut milk is bleh. I added vanilla extract to get to the same taste as the unsweetened vanilla.

The texture of each is really thin and they were both kind of sour.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    My favorite recently is Silk's Cashew Milk. I also like the Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Hint Of Honey.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Omg!!!! That chit is nasty. I have tried several and they are ALL nasty!
  • avoidtheclapp107
    Options
    So Delicious makes the coconut one that's not so bad. I put peanut butter powder in it and it's a creamy PB&J baby food concoction. At least it's edible.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Yeah, pretty much any dairy free yogurt should be avoided.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Good to know!