Icebug Shoes?

Options
I have Salomon trail shoes that I used in the spring running conditions when things were going from frozen to thawed, and I was pleased with how they worked. However, now that things are going the other way, I find them treacherous. Part of it is that I have to run on a mix of dirt and paved roads, as the trail I ran on in the spring is not usable until after hunting season. The Salomons are the WRONG shoe for the road for a number of reasons, the worst of which being that it's like wearing soccer cleats at a bowling alley.

Still, I am reluctant to spend money on shoes that are more gimmick than function. Have other people put many miles on these shoes? Did you actually use them in melted ice/slush/mud conditions? Do they keep your feet kind of dry? Would you buy them again?

Thanks!

Replies

• jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't have any yet (fingers crossed for Christmas) but my mom just got a pair and adores them. She said they keep feet dry and the studded shoes really provide a lot of traction.
  • Nekrachael
    Nekrachael Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I did get a pair, and I wish I could wear them everywhere. They are not as kind to my feet as my Salomon running shoes, but they're okay. And the amount of traction is pretty amazing. Just thought I'd add this in if anyone else is looking. I have worn them for about a dozen runs at this point on ice, in slush, on asphalt, and in snow. My feet stay surprisingly dry even in slush.