Calories unknown for local restaurants, advice on how to count these calories?

Options
I am going to my hometown and there are local restaurants but I have no idea how many calories are in my favorite food! Could you help me figure out guesstimates for these foods??
1) Downstairs at Erics: Basket of Sweet potato friesiaykwolnosjr.gif

2) Crepe a la carte
Ingredients: Cheese Cake Crepe-Cream cheese, brown sugar, graham cracker, & Chantilly cream
oonzr02gxtqm.jpg

3) Motherload Tavern
Panini Grilled Monte Cristo Ingredients: ham, turkey, swiss, french toasted and encrusted with captain crunch dust with a side of mashers and gravy
gu8t49jirvcx.jpg

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Really??
  • CinthyN
    CinthyN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ohhhh myyyyyyyy gawwwdddddd *faints*
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you have a problem if you're looking to lose weight. Start by avoiding the foods in the photos.
  • snowbunny711
    Options
    Seriously, you have a problem if you're looking to lose weight. Start by avoiding the foods in the photos.

oh no this is not just for one day lol its over a two week period like going skiing for the day and having a basket of fries for dinner? its for vacation

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

False.

OP, if you're trying to make me jealous, you win. If you're serious - search the MFP database and find what you're looking for - choose the highest calorie one, and log it. And enjoy.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Basket of Sweet potato fries
    Go to your food diary.
    Click "add food".
    In the search box, type in [sweet potato french fries].
    The first one that comes up says [French fries - sweet potato].
    Estimate how many servings you had.
    Cheese Cake Crepe - Cream cheese, brown sugar, graham cracker, & Chantilly cream
    Go to your food diary.
    Click "add food".
    In the search box, type in [cream cheese].
    The first one that comes up says [cream cheese - plain].

Repeat for the other ingredients.
    Panini Grilled Monte Cristo Ingredients: ham, turkey, swiss, french toasted and encrusted with captain crunch dust with a side of mashers and gravy
    See above.
  • snowbunny711
    Options
    like the basket of fries would be 500 cals maybe? the crepe 600? and the monte cristo is maybe 1200?
  • snowbunny711
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Basket of Sweet potato fries
    Go to your food diary.
    Click "add food".
    In the search box, type in [sweet potato french fries].
    The first one that comes up says [French fries - sweet potato].
    Cheese Cake Crepe - Cream cheese, brown sugar, graham cracker, & Chantilly cream
    Go to your food diary.
    Click "add food".
    In the search box, type in [cream cheese].
    The first one that comes up says [cream cheese - plain].

Repeat for the other ingredients.
    See above.

Im not quite sure how many servings were added though :/
  • Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options

There is nothing wrong with having that kind of food every once in a while....
  • snowbunny711
    Options
    Makterbro wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with having that kind of food every once in a while....

agreed :) its not everyday and not all in one day lol
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That's not food. It's garbage soaked in oil. If you like it, bon apetit.
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Enjoy in moderation, like you said you are not having it every day, so it's fine to enjoy it on a day spend doing activities like skiing!

When I come across such a situation I log the ingredients separately and pick the highest calorie item that comes up when searching for it. After a while you might start to know how much certain foods have when cooked at home, so you can use that as a guideline, it is always better to overestimate your intake :)

Enjoy:)
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Honey you don't need to lose weight anyway. Eating some fries once in a while won't hurt you.
  • Paul_Collyer
    Paul_Collyer Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato fries are ace. You won't get fat eating those every so often. Its the sugary stuff that does the most harm.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Just type in the meal into MFP, and use a similar one. For example, Im going to a restaurant tonight that doesn't have a calorie list, and Ive decided to go for a burrito. So I just typed in burrito, and used another restaurant's calorie info. You'll never be 100%, but on the right direction.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    In...for Capt'n crunch dust.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

You seem to have disordered thinking towards eating.

I'm quite confident everything pictured above is actual food, and zero garbage.

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato fries are ace. You won't get fat eating those every so often. Its the sugary stuff that does the most harm.

False

Sugary foods do not make one fat or cause one harm.

Eating too much food (any food) makes one fat, and can cause one harm
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say 2000 calories.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

LOL. Have you had a Monte Cristo sandwich? Because, delicious.

What part of the sandwich is garbage exactly? The bread? Meat? Dietary fat that it's cooked in? I'm curious as to which macro you don't like.