Any Meal replacements dieters out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    mumma2boyz wrote: »
    I will point out again that meal replacement can be tricky because whole foods are best. If your meal replacement includes foods, like mine, aside from the powder you mix in water, you should be fine.

Ok here it goes. I will tell you this is super healthy, tast-I-licious and feels sinful to have every single morning for breakfast. I used to have a lot of symptoms from IBS until I introduced this into my diet. Now I have zero. No bloating, no constipation, no cramps. Ever. Keeps me going all morning!

1/2 cup canned pumpkin (the puree, not pumpkin pie filling)
    1/2 cup oikos non fat vanilla yogurt
    1/2 cup milk (I use 1% but experiment to your taste)
    1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
    Dash vanilla extract
    Few dashes pumpkin pie spice
    1-2 tsp flax or chia seeds

Throw it all in my Nutribullet and 30 seconds later I'M eating dessert for breakfast with zero guilt.
    This is happening.
    Thanks for sharing.

• ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    I will point out again that meal replacement can be tricky because whole foods are best. If your meal replacement includes foods, like mine, aside from the powder you mix in water, you should be fine.

Ok here it goes. I will tell you this is super healthy, tast-I-licious and feels sinful to have every single morning for breakfast. I used to have a lot of symptoms from IBS until I introduced this into my diet. Now I have zero. No bloating, no constipation, no cramps. Ever. Keeps me going all morning!

Dash vanilla extract

Throw it all in my Nutribullet and 30 seconds later I'M eating dessert for breakfast with zero guilt.
    This is happening.
    Thanks for sharing.

AHHH-GREED. :)
  • j0hnby
    j0hnby Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Whats the advantage of meal replacements? Is it simply convenience and being given x amount of calories in a packet? Why would any one meal replacement eb better than another? Is it support?

Meal replacements take away the thought process of "what am I going to eat" - that's a major advantage.

If you do choose to do one, definately do one that offers support (and take it). Losing weight and keeping it off is much more about learning about food (portions, how it works, how you feel about it, your triggers, your weak times, coping mechanisms) than just eating less.

Also - there is a time and a place for everyone. Those that make the change for themselves will stick to it. It's less likely to work well if you are being nagged ;)
  • Teal4me
    Teal4me Posts: 104
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »

Dash vanilla extract

This is happening.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Problem hate milk and yogurt

• naz1234
    naz1234 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that we've been "allowed" to discuss VLCD diets in this community.

Wonder how long it will take our dieting cousins of different "clean/good/healthy" plans to stop patronising us with there thoughts on what a BAD thing we're doing.

Come on people this is the free world. Don't waste your time judging us. Whilst we appreciate your concern, we are able to make decisions for ourselves because we are ADULTS! So live and let live.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Yes I lost my initial 13 lbs using slim fast powder mixed with almond milk and frozen berries. I was drinking it twice a day in addition to two snacks and dinner. Once I started eating "real food" I didn't gain a lb back in fact I'm at 25lbs lost now. I probably would have lost slightly more but I ate everything in sight around Thanksgiving time lol. Good luck on your goals:)