Macro help?

Options
I'm been trying to figure out helpful macros for my body type which is pointing me to Endomorph body type.

Any recommendations?
I tried a high protein low carb diet and ended up putting on alot of weight.
I've lost weight to join the military, but since I've been out last year I've put it all back on.

Replies

• dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm been trying to figure out helpful macros for my body type which is pointing me to Endomorph body type.

Any recommendations?
    I tried a high protein low carb diet and ended up putting on alot of weight.
    I've lost weight to join the military, but since I've been out last year I've put it all back on.

Body types are a fallacy and have been debunked

What are your goals? Lose weight - caloric deficit. Gain weight - caloric surplus. Macros for body composition.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that the somatype diets have been debunked at this point.

As a general rule of thumb, I aim for .6 - .8 grams of protein per pound of body weight and .3 - .4 grams of fat per pound of body weight and fill in the rest of my calories with carbs.
  • smendoza929
    smendoza929 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    lol see I had no idea about that.. I've just been researching and stumbled on it, thank you though!

The goal is always fat loss lol
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that the somatype diets have been debunked at this point.

As a general rule of thumb, I aim for .6 - .8 grams of protein per pound of body weight and .3 - .4 grams of fat per pound of body weight and fill in the rest of my calories with carbs.

^This. If your goal is fat loss, you will need to be in a sufficient caloric deficit - either through diet, exercise, or both (I recommend both, since the majority of individuals over-estimate caloric burn through exercise. Plus, you can avoid the whole "skinny-fat" thing)

For caloric goals, you can use MFP guidelines or the TDEE method. There are online calculators that will give you an estimate of your TDEE. This is a good guideline, but no calculator can give you a true number - you will have to figure that out for yourself. IIFYM.com is a good place to start.
  • smendoza929
    smendoza929 Posts: 20 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thank you two you both!