Any other veterans?

Back in 2009 I dropped about 70 pounds to join the military.
But since I got out last year I've almost put it all back on.

I want to get back in shape and looking for other people to help motivate each other :)

Replies

• jennycjenny
    jennycjenny Posts: 15 Member
    Hey there! I'm a Navy vet who used to be in fantastic shape through college and through my military service... transitioning into a 9-5 desk job and a more sedentary lifestyle here in the civilian world has packed on the pounds. Always looking for friends to stay motivated with :)
  • smendoza929
    smendoza929 Posts: 20 Member
    lol we are on the same boat then..
    It's easier to keep yourself in check with early wake up calls isn't it lol?
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Proud USAF veteran and striving to lose weight for ROTC while in college.
  • alan_huynh2000
    alan_huynh2000 Posts: 43 Member
    Army vet. So many veterans gain tons of weight after getting out. My personal opinion is the drastic change in exercise without modifying the diet. At least for us ground pounders. =)
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    No service history here, just popping in to say - Thank you for your Service! <3
  • DINO1264
    DINO1264 Posts: 63 Member
    USMC vet. After joining MFP in the spring I am back to my "service weight" and working to maintain it.
  • smendoza929
    smendoza929 Posts: 20 Member
    That's the goal! Best weight I was at, was in Afghanistan. Most effective diet ever.
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Navy Retired here and feel you're pain. Anyone can feel free to add me...
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Not a vet either but I also wanted to say thank you very much for your service. We appreciate it!
  • us army 1964-1970 disabled from vietnam war but still try to maintain some sort of protocol for health reasons.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    I also am not a veteran, but want to thank you all for your service!
  • ddoerr57
    ddoerr57 Posts: 27 Member
    US Marine Corps, 1979-1999. I put on 5 lbs every year since retirement, and it stopped this year. On my way back to my Marine Corps "fighting weight" of 150 lbs. Thirty lbs to go. We are folks who can do ANYTHING with the right mindset. Never stop! Keep moving forward!! I know everyone has heard that before.
  • jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    Army vet and gradually put on pounds (even though I switched from active to national guard). So I feel your pain!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Just throwing in another heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you who have served (and are still).
    You are appreciated!
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    No service history here, just popping in to say - Thank you for your Service! <3

This. I am not military but I wanted to give a big thank you to all of you who serve! (*)
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    US Navy veteran.

• Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    US Air Force 23 Years. Now Retired.

And a big Your Welcome to everyone who said Thanks.
    We dont go looking for it but is sure warms the heart to have someone say it.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Another thank you here! My husband is a Vietnam Vet and I'm very proud of him and all of you as well.

Wanted to add that my trainer is a former Marine.......and wow is he tough!
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    us army 1964-1970 disabled from vietnam war but still try to maintain some sort of protocol for health reasons.

A Snappy Salute to you Teddy Bear ! You Nam guys for sure got the short end of the stick in more ways then one.

Stay Healthy Friend .