Work out app

Options
There are a lot of work out apps. I am interested in lifting weights. anyone have a favorite app?

Thanks

Replies

• crashchamp
    crashchamp Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I use an app called FitNotes, free no adds. I believe it is Android only. But its simple allows me to build custom lifts, routines, keeps a calendar, and is has a simple history for weight on each lift.
  • rick_po
    rick_po Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    The best one I've used is Jefit, but I eventually got frustrated with it, too. I now use pen and paper.
  • Jackedupnow
    Jackedupnow Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll take a look at both
  • Jackedupnow
    Options
    Pen and paper are probably best but I was hoping for an app with a routine I could follow.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Fitocracy is the best I've seen. It's an app and a site. Blows jefit and everything else away.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I like jefit.
    It fits my needs.
  • Jackedupnow
    Options
    Thanks
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I use Fitnotes too. Very easy.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Jefit.
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bodyspace app (bodybuilding.com)
  • Jackedupnow
    Options
    Thank you all
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I've gone old school and have a small notebook I record my lifts in. I have found it to be the easiest. I can transfer the info to spreadsheets later if I want to get a better sense of my progress.
  • Jackedupnow
    Options
    Yea, I thought about pen and paper but I'm trying to find the right routine
    Thanks for the input
  • For apps with routines, I like Mark Lauren's Body Weight app based on his book You Are Your Own Gym. Walks me through the routine with videos and logs everything for me. But it is really only good if you want body weight routines.

Weight lifting, I like the strong lifts 5X5 app but I haven't gotten anywhere near max or having to deload yet so I don't know how well it handles things like that.

I have also been wondering if anyone knew of good apps that had interval cues in it (like C25K) but for biking or other cardio? Something that I could customize would be awesome because I keep finding these great interval routines but I don't want to be clock-watching if I can avoid it. :smile:
  • Jackedupnow
    Options
    great stuff
    thanks