Breakfast?

Options
Frappuzzino
Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
I'm trying to stay away from cereal (even All Bran, my usual cereal). Other than eggs and bacon or sausage, can someone give me some more breakfast suggestions? No breads, muffins or anything of the like please. :)

Replies

• _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yogurt?
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    oatmeal
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad - nothing wrong with whole grain bread either, I have it toasted with low sugar jam...
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    does it have to be breakfast food?

I gave those up! I eat whatever for breakfast :D

Try having some tomato soup, greek yogurt, tuna or well... anything! :D
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad - nothing wrong with whole grain bread either, I have it toasted with low sugar jam...

Love fruit salad!!

Many people cut out bread though, even whole grain. Still very processed and not the nest choice IMO
  • elsohypes
    elsohypes Posts: 30
    Options
    how about yogurt and fruit ? I like plain yougurt, with strawberries and melon, sweetened if need be with honey. Its low cal, and filling aswell as having some protein in.

Dont really know what else without breads. I tend to have a egg white tortilla wrap, which is nice and filling. Just scramble some egg whites, and put in wrap with tomatoes and a bit of low fat cheese/mozzarella.

If I think of anything else i shall post :)
    hope this helps
  • ChunkyMonkey207
    ChunkyMonkey207 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I always have a fiber plus bar..They are delicious! I think the one Im eating this week is chocolate coconut...Healthy but ooooo soooo yummmmyyyy!!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee and fiber one bar. The only bad thing is that it makes me have to potty and, like a lady, I have to hold it until I get home. Other than that, it's awesome!
  • Jeff6605
    Jeff6605 Posts: 16
    Options
    Smoothies are great if you have time to make them. There are some good recipes scattered throughout the site if you search for them, Also Oatmeal is great for a hot cereal. The plain (non-flavored) packets are usually only 100 calories when mixed with hot water. I add a little bit of brown sugar, maybe a tsp. So many other toppings too like fruit. Filling and good for you.
  • Jalachri
    Jalachri Posts: 47
    Options
    I have a fiber one bar and Hills Bro. double mocha cappuccino sugar free for 2 tbls its only 50 cal. and very fullfilling :)
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This morning I had plain Greek yogurt with a tiny bit of honey, some pecan praline granola from Trader Joes, and then I threw in a couple of fresh blackberries! 203 calories!! And YUM!!! :tongue:
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I always have a fiber plus bar..They are delicious! I think the one Im eating this week is chocolate coconut...Healthy but ooooo soooo yummmmyyyy!!

Those are delicious! :smile:
  • lulutm
    lulutm Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm a low-carber, so I do eggs and bacon nearly every morning. Alternatively, Greek yogurt is a good choice. Fresh fruit with nuts is another good choice. The key for me has been to balance unprocessed carbs with bulk protein. So, if I have oatmeal, eat Quaker Weight Control and add nuts. If I do fruit, I make sure to include a protein like turkey or even peanut butter (banana or apple plus chunky peanut butter = yummy!).

1178051.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

SW: 170 lbs.
    CW: 130 lbs.
  • twinsmomma02
    twinsmomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, protein shake, protein bar, sliced apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter, egg beaters with turkey bacon, low sugar/carb yogurt, hard boiled eggs.
  • Frappuzzino
    Options
    I'd prob have a smoothie every morning if I knew a better way to make them. :P
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    -2 scoops of whey protein
    -4 oz of v8 vegetable juice
    -1/2 cup oatmeal
    -1tablespoon flax seed oil
    -1 tablespoon milled flax seeds
    -9 raisins

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Does that body good!
  • SkinnyLizzy1986
    SkinnyLizzy1986 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What about porridge made with half water & half milk ( soya milk is lovely in porridge), chop in a small banana a spoonful of reduced sugar jam and some sesame seeds-it is a really filling breakfsat & keeps me full for ages.
    Beans on wholemeal toast,
    poached egg on wholemeal bread
    fruit salad with youghurt
    bacon on bagel
    omlette made with ham or smoked salmon

I hope this helps:smile:
  • Frappuzzino
    Options
    -1/2 cup oatmeal
    -9 raisins

Was thinking of a protein shake... I hate raisins, so does it hurt to cut them out?
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    -1/2 cup oatmeal
    -9 raisins

Was thinking of a protein shake... I hate raisins, so does it hurt to cut them out?

Yes! lol... I only eat them as a source of fiber and sweetness to the oatmeal... Like an oatmeal raisin cookie. Definitely not a requirement.

I drink a protein drink and then eat the oatmeal... If you do it this way,the oatmeal will balance out the protein. :)
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with fruit (i like yogurt with grapes cut in half).

yogurt with granola or nuts.

Oatmeal, instead of brown sugar use molasses (brown sugar is just molasses mixed with sugar--cut out the sugar), can also add in some chopped nuts if you want more crunch and protein.

Egg whites omelet--can add mushrooms/veggies.

Apple with peanut butter.

could also do a breakfast burrito with corn tortilla--- egg white, salsa, cheese, and a meat if ud like like some chicken or salmon.

Fruit smoothie---strawberries, blueberries, banana, etc--whatever u want--thrown together in a blender--frozen fruit with water or fresh fruit with ice--can add in some milk if u want or soy milk, and yogurt even.

Fried potatoes--i have potoates everyday cuz of high potassium level and vitamin c, etc.; in a pan spray olive oil pam, throw in your taters, add some water, add some more spray if needed, season with garlic and pepper, italian seasonings, etc. non stick pan is crucial.

Apple, cored and sliced, microwave 3 minutes, then top with 1 tablespoon golden raisins, 2 tablespoon chopped almonds with light yogurt

Cottage cheese with fruit.

The fiber one bars and stuff are all processed type foods, that have sugar and such... For a lil less fiber, have a larbar (or larabar--cant remember), and they are a bit more calories than the fiber one bars, but completely natural, and only 2 or 3 ingredients total, not a whole long list.