Confession- I haven't weighed post holiday!

Options
Anyone else with me on this? I haven't weighed in since the big Turkey Fest on Thursday. Anyone else out there scared of the #?!?!

Replies

• gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Anyone else with me on this? I haven't weighed in since the big Turkey Fest on Thursday. Anyone else out there scared of the #?!?!
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Not scared...my weigh in dates are Mondays :smile:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Jump on the scale girl, tomorrows a new day...Go Go GO!!!:drinker:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I wasn't scared Thanksgiving...I knew I had gained and I was ready to tackle it! It gave me motivation to actually stay under my calories today! Something I don't think I've ever done!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    i did tonight....after my workout.

now, i usually weigh less after i workout, due to waterloss/dehydration, so it isn't exactly accurate, BUT i was glad to find myself only 1.2lb higher than last week.

and if you knew what all i ate in the week, you'd be shocked too!!!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I have been weighing myself, but I haven't been loosing the last couple of months. So busy with stuff, happy just not gaining. I haven't been smart with the candy and cookies and stupid stuff, well at least I am not gaining. I am looking forward to the holidays being over! I have no will power! But after yesterday, I am pretty sure I will never drink Champaign again...EVER!!!
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    I just weighed myself today. lost 2 pounds. That's what happens when you go to spin before you eat thanksgiving food. =]
  • star1940
    Options
    no problem weighting in, I had a stomach virus Thurs. and Fri. and could not eat a bite of food. No Thanksgiving diner for me.
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Today was my first post-holiday weigh in, and I was up two pounds. Which I kind of expected, but still hoped not to see the number go up that high. I added in extra workouts this week, hoping that would take the edge off, but apparently not. Then again, given what I ate, I should be grateful I don't have to start all over again!! :ohwell:

So I'm off to the gym as soon as I decide what to eat for breakfast (I get sick to my stomach if I work out empty) and then one more thanksgiving dinner tonight, and back on track tomorrow. Sadly, tonight's dinner is with the relative who cooks things like creamy pumpkin bisque served in little carved out pumpkins with creme fraiche on top...and sweet potatoes in chipotle cream sauce...this one's gonna be tough! :laugh:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I gained 2.5 lbs! I haven't added it to MFP though, lol. I am hoping I can lose it before I have to watch the numbers go up.
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    haha...I thought about not adding it...but I know how I am. I would have forgotten after a few days that I gained, and I wouldn't have the incentive to work harder this week to make up for it, not to mention the incentive to exercise a little control tonight. I need to see the consequences of my actions.
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    lol I know! I am motivated to work that much harder though! On december 14th my family is doing a cookie exchange party, so of course I need to be prepared for cookies
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My regular weigh in days are on Thursdays, so I weighed myself like a normal Thursday Thanksgiving morning, and I was up 3 lbs!:cry: Havent weighed since Thanksgiving though, not doing it again til this Thursday! Hopefully I will see a loss this week:heart:

~Roni
  • goldsparckles
    Options
    I always weigh myself a week after the holiday dinner to give myself a chance to lose some of the holiday weight. I only go crazy on eating the one day so the pounds usually fall off quickly when I return to my normal diet.
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Huh...I still haven't weighed...I don't know when I will!!
  • arjames82
    Options
    Don't let the scale scare you. I jumped on this morning and to my amazement, my weight was exactly the same. It wasn't a weight loss, but considering we've just come through a holiday, I'll take it becaue it isn't a weight gain!:drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Heh heh, I have yet to weigh in post-Thanksgiving myself. We shall see if I weigh in today. Might. Maybe. We'll see.
  • amberca1
    Options
    I did not want to weigh in AT ALL. I can fluctuate so much. I gained 3.5 lbs since thanksgiving day. It was all ghe leftovers that did me in. I think I need to throw them all away before I finish them off! It was also my hubbys b-day and we went out to a tasting menu dinner the day after. Not good. Oh well- back to the gym this week. I could sure go for a warm plate of stuffing and potatoes right about now though. It seems as though once I am on a roll (if I gain) I want to sabotage myself even more. Its really hard for me to get back on track..
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I did the prelim weigh (officially I will count the # tomorrow) and I am up one. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • unanimously
    Options
    I finally bit the bullet and weighed myself AFTER dinner sunday night (I wanted to get the highest number possible to shock myself). I apparently gained five pounds, WHOOPS. :wink: Back to work for me.