Down 21 Pounds Since August!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Becky and in mid-August I started a new job. At the time, I was at my heaviest weight ever--180 lbs. Since I'm 5 ft tall, that was not a healthy weight for me to be at. So, with the new job change, I decided to make some lifestyle changes, as well.

I've used MFP on and off since college, so I decided to give it another go. When I used it before, I'd be really good at tracking for a couple months and then stop. This time, I was determined to stick with it and I've done well keeping that promise, so far. Through counting calories and going to the gym for 35 minutes 3-6 times a week (depends on the week), I've managed to lose 21 pounds. It's not a huge weight loss and I still have a ways to go before I reach my tentative goal of 140/130 pounds, but I'm pretty proud of myself! This is the lowest weight I've been in quite a few years, and it feels great!

Here's my before and after so far:

21PoundsDown_zpsb91d407b.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Looking great, congrats!!
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    Looking great, congrats!!

Thank you!
  • hotcoffee692
    hotcoffee692 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Great work! I can see a real difference!
  • TheMissingSparrow
    TheMissingSparrow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look good! Keep up the great work! Also love the Loot Crate shirt
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Great weight loss! You certainly carried that weight very well before! I am 7 inches taller and looked much bigger at that weight. You look great - well done :)
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    woohoo! keep up the good work :smiley:
  • NowyTends
    NowyTends Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Awesome work Becky!!
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well done sweetie, I can see quite a bit off difference between your pics. :smile: I hope you're enjoying the new job! xx
  • susanhawaii
    susanhawaii Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! (*)
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    BeckZombie wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Becky and in mid-August I started a new job. At the time, I was at my heaviest weight ever--180 lbs. Since I'm 5 ft tall, that was not a healthy weight for me to be at. So, with the new job change, I decided to make some lifestyle changes, as well.

I've used MFP on and off since college, so I decided to give it another go. When I used it before, I'd be really good at tracking for a couple months and then stop. This time, I was determined to stick with it and I've done well keeping that promise, so far. Through counting calories and going to the gym for 35 minutes 3-6 times a week (depends on the week), I've managed to lose 21 pounds. It's not a huge weight loss and I still have a ways to go before I reach my tentative goal of 140/130 pounds, but I'm pretty proud of myself! This is the lowest weight I've been in quite a few years, and it feels great!

Here's my before and after so far:

Thanks for reading!

Nice job. Keep it up
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • BeckZombie
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone!
    You look good! Keep up the great work! Also love the Loot Crate shirt

haha yes! This is my favorite LC shirt so far.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your hard work.
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Looking good, keep it up!!!!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You can really see a difference in your face! Congrats on your success! :)
  • BeckZombie
    Options
    branbuds wrote: »
    You can really see a difference in your face! Congrats on your success! :)

Thank you! I never noticed how much my face changed until I looked at these photos side by side.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Becky! Keep at it.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!