Losing weight for future pregnancy...what's the point?

Options
2»

Replies

• jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on trying sometime at the end of next year. If I achieve my health goals this year, I could healthily end my next pregnancy close to my current weight. I'm also increasing my activity level. Last pregnancy I was lightly active and used my pregnancy as an excuse to over eat. Well I did have a decently healthy pregnancy as far as my baby was concerned and a good labour and delivery, I ended up gaining about 20 lb of just fat. This time I hope to go in to the pregnancy with a better fitness level and a healthier attitude towards food so that I can be in better shape after pregnancy and have more energy and stamina to care for a toddler and an infant. I think pregnancy and a healthy body should go hand in hand. Maybe you won't lose all of the weight that you would like before getting pregnant but if you get some healthy habits in place you can have an easier pregnancy and bounce back easier afterwards.
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Its good to lose extra weight, because most weight you gain from pregnancy is from over doing it on food. You can prevent the immense gain next time and have an easier time getting back to a pre pregnancy weight.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    so instead of being healthy you'd rather just get more fat?

Good luck with your kids with that attitude. Seriously. Living life and weight isn't all about all or nothing-it's about trying to be better than you were yesterday. With that defeatest attitude you're already setting up for failure.