Bulking routine and tips for a woman

Options
2»

Replies

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to write that Sardelsa, I found it very powerful. I've lost about 2 and a half stone since I started in March, making me a very nervous maintainer for the last couple of months.
    But my weight-lifting is getting (relatively) heavy now and leaves me feeling drained. I think the next step is that I'll stop making gains.

If I had to choose between my dress size or getting stronger, I know I'd pick the former, so your words meant a lot to me. Just what I needed to hear at just the right time.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    crabada wrote: »
    @Sarah -- How long are your bulking / cutting cycles, usually?
    IMO, there is no such thing as a successful bulk (meaning actually adding NEW lean mass) and minimizing fat gains.
    Is that in reference to just women or everyone? I can't say I've seen the same thing with women, but I've read a few transformations of guys that have done so.

I think that is for everyone. But I guess I should clarify with the "minimizing fat gains" statement. I think in my bulk, I minimized fat gains...but I did gain new fat. It's just how the human body works...man or woman. When most people say they want to "minimize fat gains", it means they are hoping for NO fat gains and THAT is just not possible.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    eat all the things.

Usually people find it's incredibly difficult to eat ALL their calories in veggies and protein... so pile on the pizza and ice cream and you'll be good to go.