Do you have a reward or motivation weight loss list?

Options
2»

Replies

• Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    estitom wrote: »
    This is really because of vanity and most people would call this silly, but I'm not uploading a selfie until I reach my goal weight. :#

Not a silly or vain goal at all!!!! I HATED having my picture taken until I had lost some weight. Now, I think I look pretty good. I actually kind of like posting selfies that make me feel confident about myself. Take some progress pics though, You might be surprised at how quickly you will progress on your journey. Good luck to you!!

Oh and don't sweat the OP's remark, I think she misunderstood your post. I think she thought you were calling her thread silly and vain when, in fact, you were saying that some folks may think your selfie goal was silly and vain, even though it's not.

OP, You might want to re-read that post from a different vantage point. I don't think you mean to blast her....:)
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    1. 240 -- I will weigh 20 lbs less than when I started
    2. 220 -- I will weigh 40 lbs less than when I started
    3. 200 -- I will have gotten the swimming endurance to swim a couple of miles in a lake without being pulled from the event.
    4. 180 - I will be able to swim from Alcatraz island to shore without being pulled out to sea.
    5. 145 - I am TOTALLY going to make myself the most amazing cocktail dress custom tailored to my physique.
  • adge1475
    adge1475 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't have a reward by goal weight anymore (I don't have a goal weight), but I do get a gold star on my calendar for every weighted-workout I complete during the year (Cardio-only doesn't count). At the end of the year, I tally up all the stars and that's how many dollars I can spend on myself for a Christmas present :) This year I got new brooks running shoes & a sweet tank from LiveSore.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    At 25 pounds I got a new tattoo. When I hit my goal body (not ness. weight) I'm probably going to get another tattoo.
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    145 - Facial & 60 minute massage
    135 - Boots (these are $$)
    125 - Photo session with a professional photographer
  • city_southernbelle
    Options
    This is really because of vanity and most people would call this silly, but I'm not uploading a selfie until I reach my goal weight. :#

I apologize. I feel terrible. I had to reread your post. I read it too fast. I thought you meant that my post was vain and silly. And I dont think you posting a selfie would be silly or vain before hand but its ultimately how comfortable you are with it. Again I am so terribly sorry.

Not a silly or vain goal at all!!!! I HATED having my picture taken until I had lost some weight. Now, I think I look pretty good. I actually kind of like posting selfies that make me feel confident about myself. Take some progress pics though, You might be surprised at how quickly you will progress on your journey. Good luck to you!!

Oh and don't sweat the OP's remark, I think she misunderstood your post. I think she thought you were calling her thread silly and vain when, in fact, you were saying that some folks may think your selfie goal was silly and vain, even though it's not.

OP, You might want to re-read that post from a different vantage point. I don't think you mean to blast her....:)

Thanks for clearing that up. I really did misinterpret that!
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    When I get to where the clothes I own now are falling off me I will get a new wardrobe of clothes that fit. Then i will cut up all the old, big clothes and make a memory quilt out of them ... maybe two quilts ... one for my bed and one for my couch. ... That way i will have a constant reminder of what I went through to get to where I am, and a reminder to not go back there again.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is its own reward for me, but in the spirit - if I can get down to 150 (for the sake of my poor ol' feet, ankles, knees, hips and back) I am going to start a running program.
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    tattoos. i got one at 50, 75 and 85. sure...maybe i just used losing weight as an excuse to get more ink. but i will go with it!
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I do not right now. I did before, I have to pick new ones for 2015. The mini goals and rewards thing helped me. Good luck.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a silver treble clef ring (only $10) for onederland/losing 50 pounds. When I reach my goal weight, I'll get a tattoo.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    tattoos. i got one at 50, 75 and 85. sure...maybe i just used losing weight as an excuse to get more ink. but i will go with it!

Heh that's why I don't use tattoos as rewards - because I still want tattoos even if I don't lose weight!

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Heh that's why I don't use tattoos as rewards - because I still want tattoos even if I don't lose weight!

They are quite addicting haha. I said I would stop at one.... and 5 tattoos later.....
  • swirlingmocha
    Options
    At 15lb I'm going to go out and buy myself a pair of my favourite jeans, my last ones started fraying at the seams trying to contain me and going a size up was not the same. Being able to wear them again will be a reward and a symbol of what my motivation can achieve!