Workouts without weights (just your body)

Options
I am currently visiting my mothers house for two weeks but she lives on a road that is quite dangerous to run on (speeding cars and small roads). What are some workouts I can do with just my body and no equipment?

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You look up bodyweight routines.

Nerdfitness.com has a free routine. Otherwise check out You Are Your Own Gym, Strong Curves (they have a bodyweight program along with a few with weights), or/and Convict Conditioning.
  • jwolford90
    jwolford90 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will check these out ^_^
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I like to use Youtube videos. Here's one: https://youtube.com/watch?list=PLMHMyl3oeyh3BqeGm4CTfixEQ1oGKGe4A&v=-5L9qY0ALrQ

But you can do a lot. For example:

10 push-ups
    10 squats
    10 bicycle crunches
    30 second plank
    10 lunges on each side
    10 burpees
    Repeat that 2-3 times and that's a decent workout.

Youtube is a really good tool to utilize.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    You Are Your Own Gym (YAYOG) has an app. It's awesome when you're away from the gym.
  • jwolford90
    jwolford90 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I truly appreciate all of your help
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Here's a NY Times article talking about an ACSM article discussing a 7-minute body-weight workout. Repeat as many times as you want.

51637601.png
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Or see if there is a place nearby-like a gym or track that you can use. Maybe a hiking trail or a park?
  • Piper911
    Piper911 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Love the yayog app! Didn't feel like that hard of a work out (beginner level) but I sure felt it the next day and definitely got stronger as I progressed through the program!
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Here's a NY Times article talking about an ACSM article discussing a 7-minute body-weight workout. Repeat as many times as you want.

51637601.png

NYT had a good app for this. It's on their website, not in an app store
  • chubstyk
    chubstyk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    checkout fitness blender on youtube. They offer 100s of different workout videos, including bodyweight HIIT workouts that can get you a great workout without any equipment.
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You Are Your Own Gym (YAYOG) has an app. It's awesome when you're away from the gym.

THIS. :) Have fun!