Pimple-breakout after workouts ? :(

Options
I'm kind of experiencing breakouts of small pimples ever since I started working out again. It must be the sweat. Anyways, I immediately wash my face with soap after every workout but it still won't work. Any tips? :)

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing concealer/makeup while you work out?
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    OXY_DD_AFC_274x450.jpg
  • arditarose
    Options
    ^^that soap looks so intense.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I'm one of the many Proactiv alum. Trust me, this WORKS !
  • arditarose
    Options
    I used proactive when I was young too. Now I just use a little natural bar soap, sometimes even once a day.
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    Try this: mix 2 drops tea tree oil in a tbsp of coconut oil and rub this all over your face, avoiding your eyes, and then wipe off dry. I have perfect skin and this is how I wash my face.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I like the AcneFree kits, though you should be prepared to get a really good separate moisturizer. I like Aveeno for that.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

I'm broke due to my student loans and would LOVE to stop using Proactiv (as it is quite pricey). I'll have to give this cleanser a shot! Thanks for posting :)
  • pandamars
    pandamars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing concealer/makeup while you work out?

Nope, I'm not :(
  • pandamars
    Options

I'm broke due to my student loans and would LOVE to stop using Proactiv (as it is quite pricey). I'll have to give this cleanser a shot! Thanks for posting :)

I wanted to try Proactiv too, but yeah, it's pricey. I'll try this one :)
  • pandamars
    Options
    Try this: mix 2 drops tea tree oil in a tbsp of coconut oil and rub this all over your face, avoiding your eyes, and then wipe off dry. I have perfect skin and this is how I wash my face.

Thanks! I used to do green tea leaves and sometimes honey and oatmeal. Organics are really worth a shot.

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Wash your face ASAP. I get pimples on my shoulders after working out because I sweat a lot. :(
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Witch hazel
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I get a skin reaction to the sanitizer at the gym. It gets sprayed on everything. After workouts I head for the showers immediately. I use a neutral skin cleanser everwhere my skin touched the equipment. Since doing this I no longer break out.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I was told to wash your face before you workout as well or ideally have a shower before (but who has time for that!)
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Are you wiping the equipment before you are using it too? This is going to sound really gross but I've had breakouts from other people's sweat touching my skin before.

If you have time, try taking a shower or getting changed as quickly as possible after. If you are already washing your face beforehand I'm not sure what else to suggest.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    sheepotato wrote: »
    Are you wiping the equipment before you are using it too? This is going to sound really gross but I've had breakouts from other people's sweat touching my skin before.

If you have time, try taking a shower or getting changed as quickly as possible after. If you are already washing your face beforehand I'm not sure what else to suggest.

This. Also, try not to touch your face while you're working out. Use a bandana, towel or your shirt if you have to wipe your face, and don't let any of them rest on the equipment.
  • Nekrachael
    Nekrachael Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'll give completely contrary advice. Using less soap might also help. Some people have skin that breaks out from getting dried out by soap. I would still shower, but maybe give your face a good rubbing and then use a little moisturizer.
  • arditarose
    Options
    ^^This, for me. My mom has great skin for her age. I asked her what she did and she said she used very little soap, and when she did it was never foamy or strong. I've been using a natural bar of soap with no frills, and sometimes only at night (just water in the morning) and my skin has been better.