Throwing Up

Options
Over the past month or two I have been throwing up more than normal. If I eat too much, smell something I don't like, get upset, or get really stressed I throw up. Sometimes I throw up after eating a normal meal, or like tonight I threw up after eating some wheat thins. I haven't been tracking my food intake because when I do I become very obsessive about it. I throw up probably 3-4 times a week. Has anyone else gotten this way when dieting? Or maybe it's not related to dieting?

I am absolutely not making myself throw up. I am going to talk to the doctor after the holidays if this keeps happening because I am obsessive about having nice teeth and throwing up can really damage teeth. Just wondering if you think it's related to changing my diet or more so just stress?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Hmm…

Do you have any gastrointestinal diseases that you know of?

Do you suffer from anxiety?

Your body could just be super sensitive and vomiting may be your body's natural reaction to being upset or stressed. Some people vomit if they eat too much or smell something strange. I wouldn't say it is common but it's not abnormal. However, the fact that you are throwing up 3-4 times a week is concerning.

Contact your doctor and schedule an appointment or go to a walk-in clinic if you do not want to wait to see your PCP.
  • weightliftinggirl
    weightliftinggirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have never been diagnosed with any gastrointestinal diseases or anxiety. It's just weird because I didn't used to throw up ever. I guess I will be scheduling an appointment. Thank you!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    sounds like something is wrong. i don't throw up unless i'm sick or drank too much. i doubt it has anything to do with dieting though.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    There is no way in hell anyone can diagnose you online. It's good that you're going to see the doctor because you should.

I hope they fix you quickly and painlessly!

If it's a baby, like Maggie (Margaret) for a girl and Joey (Joseph) for a boy. :)

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Over the past month or two I have been throwing up more than normal. If I eat too much, smell something I don't like, get upset, or get really stressed I throw up. Sometimes I throw up after eating a normal meal, or like tonight I threw up after eating some wheat thins. I haven't been tracking my food intake because when I do I become very obsessive about it. I throw up probably 3-4 times a week. Has anyone else gotten this way when dieting? Or maybe it's not related to dieting?

I am absolutely not making myself throw up. I am going to talk to the doctor after the holidays if this keeps happening because I am obsessive about having nice teeth and throwing up can really damage teeth. Just wondering if you think it's related to changing my diet or more so just stress?

Thanks in advance!

This is something you need to take to your doctor now, and not try to get answers from a bunch of internet strangers.
  • weightliftinggirl
    Options
    Lol if it's a baby.... As I previously stated I will be going to the doctors. I am not asking for a diagnosis, I was asking to see if anyone else has experienced anything similar.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    Lol if it's a baby.... As I previously stated I will be going to the doctors. I am not asking for a diagnosis, I was asking to see if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

I forgot to mention pregnancy. If there's any chance you could be pregnant, I would buy a pregnancy test asap.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

I forgot to mention pregnancy. If there's any chance you could be pregnant, I would buy a pregnancy test asap.

That's a good point.
  • weightliftinggirl
    Options
    That is a definite possibility. Lol I will be buying a test tomorrow. The hubby would be shocked. I guess I will see what happens :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The only time I threw up without being ill was when my father died. I couldn't stop vomiting and had to take pills that help people not vomit so that I could keep my other pills down.

It really sucks to keep having to vomit when your busy with other things, lol.

I really hope that whatever is up with you is basically nothing! (But keep that appointment!)
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It does sound suspiciously like pregnancy. Good luck either way.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    That is a definite possibility. Lol I will be buying a test tomorrow. The hubby would be shocked. I guess I will see what happens :)

Oooh, a hubby. Yes girl, I think you're preggo! Best of luck and let us know :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Thanks in advance!

you've been throwing up that often for that long a period of time, and you've not been to a doctor yet?! :noway:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sounds like pregnancy.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    So, have you tested yet?
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options

I did I vomited several times a day for a week, but then I found out it was a (5 week old) baby. I continued vomiting several times a day for the next 8 weeks.

When I was younger I used to occasionally vomit from anxiety/stress, but it was never for longer than a day at a time.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    lol, Please buy a test and let us know.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Yup, sounds like early pregnancy for me, especially the smells setting off vomiting. Even brushing my teeth can make me gag when I'm pregnant.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    sounds like a pregnancy and since you have a hubby, chances are high. Let us know how you make out.

When was your last period? That would be the tell tail sign ;)
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    pregnant. My guess is pregnant.