Indoor Grills

Options
Does anyone on here use an indoor grill? I am currently using a george foreman grill and I love the way the food tastes but is horrible to clean. Anyone have a good grill they use that is easy to clean.

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have a Hamilton Beach grill. The grills are removable and I just pop them in the dishwasher.
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I put foil on my George Foreman. Zero cleanup!
  • zer0vital
    zer0vital Posts: 42
    Options
    I've owned two Foreman grills in the past, and I'm happier with my Cuisinart griddler. It's at a higher price range but is noticeably higher quality than a typical Foreman. The reversible grill/griddle plates are removable, which makes cleaning the whole thing a lot easier. There's also a removable drip catcher that slides into place in the body of the device, as opposed to just leaving a tub sitting on the counter under the grill like with a Foreman.

Some drawbacks:

The outside of the griddler gets very hot and should not be touched. You will need to take care to not let the power cord touch any metal part of the griddler. All in all, it's not the safest kitchen product I've ever used.

I like the Foreman's ability to lock its hinges in a way that lets the top plate sit over what you're grilling without touching it; this can be helpful for melting cheese on a burger, for example. With the griddler, you'll just have to hold the upper door over whatever you're griddling for a couple minutes to get the same effect.

Here it is on Amazon, which is where I got it. There's a demonstration video in the product description:
    http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-GR-4N-5-in-1-Griddler/dp/B002YD99Y4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304467074&sr=8-1
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    thank you for your help
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I have the forman with the removalable plates. It was so worth the extra money.