Breakfast

Options
I need some good ideas for breakfast, fast breakfasts. Even smoothie ideas?

Replies

• Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Whole grain total + fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries, bananas, etc.) with skim milk. I sometimes add almond accents too (slivered almonds)...yum!
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    I have porridge! It only takes about 5 minutes to make, but you can make it the night before and reheat it in the morning! It also keeps you full!! :happy:
  • NBFIT
    NBFIT Posts: 79
    Options
    McDonald's fruit & maple oatmeal. So good & only 290 cals!
  • NBFIT
    NBFIT Posts: 79
    Options

Oh, and only $1.99!
  • kate_newlifestyle
    Options
    A healthy breakfast should contain some protein and some complex carbs.
    Iwould reccomend to eat 1/2 cottage cheese(watch amount of sodium in it or try to buy no salt added) + 1/4 cup of old fashioned oatmeal with some fruits.

Also you can make oatmeal pancake (make 1 serving):
    1/2 cup uncooked oats
    2 eggs whites
    1/4 cup of skim milk
    vanilla, cinnamon

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Heat a lightly oiled (you can use Pam) frying pan over medium high heat. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Total: cal 211, carbs 32, fat 3, protein 14, sugar 1, sodium 142
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter on whole wheat toast and a cup of coffee.
  • Meekah44
    Meekah44 Posts: 34
    Options
    Iwould reccomend to eat 1/2 cottage cheese(watch amount of sodium in it or try to buy no salt added) + 1/4 cup of old fashioned oatmeal with some fruits.

1/2 cup uncooked oats
    2 eggs whites
    1/4 cup of skim milk
    vanilla, cinnamon

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Heat a lightly oiled (you can use Pam) frying pan over medium high heat. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Sounds delish!!! I'm going to try that tomorrow
  • kate_newlifestyle
    Options

Not the best choise. It has a lot of sugar, to be exact 32 g even the one without brown sugar has 18g. If you look at the packet contents side by side the instant oats are a kind of fine flaky powder whereas the rolled oats are more identifiable as a grain. There's often a difference in the fibre content as a result. The other big difference is that wholegrains (the old-fashioned oats) take longer to break down in the gut than very refined foods..... so a bowl of regular oats should keep you feeling fuller for longer. Quite handy if you're someone trying to lose weight by eating a little less than normal. Similarly... whole fruit is more filling than fruit juice, whole new potatoes are more filling than instant mash.

The phrase I tend to recall for these things is 'let your body process your food rather than have a factory do it for you'
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    When I'm in a rush, my favorite quick breakfast is Fage greek yogurt (fruit variety - 130 cals). When I plan ahead, I make home made egg mcmuffins.
    1 over easy egg (well done-ish),
    1 slice american cheese
    2 slices cooked canadian bacon
    1 Arnolds 9 grain thin roll
    1/2 pat butter to cook the egg
    cals 288, carbs 26. protein 22, fat 13
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

1/2 cup uncooked oats
    2 eggs whites
    1/4 cup of skim milk
    vanilla, cinnamon

Im gonna try this one, ..... sounds like a good "on the go" breakfast too!!! Thanks
  • kate_newlifestyle
    Options
    Oatmeal pancake really good. Especially if you eat it with Agave Nectar.

yummy in my tummy:smile:
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
  • MsImperfect0
    MsImperfect0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    oatmeal
    i made like a stirfry of veggies then bought egg whites and would make a egg stir fry
  • cassieday
    cassieday Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter toast on whole wheat bread. It is a full, complete meal. It is high in fiber and protein which starts off your day really strong and tastes really good. Its actually a really healthy well balanced breakfast and great start to the day. I do it everyday and have had no problems with weight loss.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Hehehe..... I have a plain strawberry eggo waffle every morning. I know it's not the best choice but their only 95 calories per waffle, they taste really good, keep me full until lunch, and I just plain love them! Occasionally I put fruit spread or peanut butter on them, but mostly I just love them plain.
    I swear I eat healthier the rest of the day... hehehe.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Bf foods are usually the fastest to make unless u go to dennys, lol
    I suggest eggs however u want them,turkey bacon, and ww toast with some pb...
    Or
    Low sugar oatmeaL with the ww toast and herbal tea (my bf for the past months)

No fruit in the morning is reccommended.....
    Eat ur bf dont drink it...
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    Here are some quick easy foods that I like in the AM,

Life Cereal Bars, Nutrigrain Eggo, Fruit smoothie (1 cup v8 fusion to 1 cup frozen fruit), hard boiled eggs. Cinnamon burst cheerios (dry)
  • supercatie18
    supercatie18 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I combine 1/2 c of frozen blueberries and 1/2 c of frozen raspberries the night before in a tupperware then in the morning add 1/2 c stoneyfield vanilla lowfat yogurt. Top with 1/2 c of Kashi GoLean Crunch.. very filling and about 250 cals
  • kthume03
    kthume03 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt i cant say enough about it 0 fat about 140 cals and 14grams of protein great way to start the day
  • atabt
    atabt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am drooling...wish it was breakfast time already! (bump)