All 6 feet tall girls out there ^_^

Options
Hi everyone!

I have been on MFP for a while, but really struggle to lose weight. I have been up and down the last 2 months.

I have a question for the tall ladies out there:

1. How much do you weigh, or how much should we weigh?
2. Does your weight fluctuate a lot during the month (2kg's) due to water-weight?
3. Do you struggle to maintain your weight?

Thank you!

Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Im not a tall lady

But what I can say is that point 2 and 3 are completely irrelevant to how tall you are
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    6ft2 here :smile:

1. I'm currently on about 89kgs, want to get down to 80kgs and then I will reassess my goals.
    2. Fluctuates all the time, I don't like the scale. Measuring your progress is better. Inches come down even when the scale goes up. Go figure.
    3. Still trying to lose so can't help there
  • MarelizeS
    MarelizeS Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @Chadomaniac

True,

Let me rephrase question 2:

I have spoken to my shorter friends, and according to them they gain 1kg or so of water-weight during their cycle. Do you ladies experience the same thing?
  • SuperCrsa
    Options
    Well it really depends, I think each person changes a lot.
    For me when I did measure myself more often during the week, yes I noticed up to a 4kg fluctuation during the week. But that changes so often, so I dont pay any attention to it.

I am at my lightest on a Saturday, so that's my official weigh in day. :happy:
  • MarelizeS
    Options
    Well it really depends, I think each person changes a lot.
    For me when I did measure myself more often during the week, yes I noticed up to a 4kg fluctuation during the week. But that changes so often, so I dont pay any attention to it.

I am at my lightest on a Saturday, so that's my official weigh in day. :happy:

What a lovey day to be your lightest! ^_^
  • SuperCrsa
    Options

Hehe, yeah it sure does make the weekend more fun :laugh:

Why are you asking about the weight fluctuations.
    Something you should realize it that scale weight fluctuated A LOT! Depending on so many factors.

TOM I go up a good 2kgs.

Since using a measuring tape I am thrilled to see cm's go down, even when the scale isn't budging.
    At one point I started weight training, my scale went up 2kgs, and stayed there for 6 WEEKS! But cm's were coming off so I just ignored the scale. Dropped down and caught up eventually.
  • MarelizeS
    Options

Hehe, yeah it sure does make the weekend more fun :laugh:

Why are you asking about the weight fluctuations.
    Something you should realize it that scale weight fluctuated A LOT! Depending on so many factors.

TOM I go up a good 2kgs.

Since using a measuring tape I am thrilled to see cm's go down, even when the scale isn't budging.
    At one point I started weight training, my scale went up 2kgs, and stayed there for 6 WEEKS! But cm's were coming off so I just ignored the scale. Dropped down and caught up eventually.

I weigh myself twice a week (its an improvement from once every morning)

During the TOM I would easily gain 2kg's over 5days or so, just to see them disappear 4 days later. I found eating sushi with lots of soy sauce gives me a similar result.

I am just wondering if tall girls pick up more water-weight this way than shorter girls.

Also, as said, I wonder if its easy to reach that magical 75kg's if you weighed 10kg's or more. I only weighed 78kg's once in my life, but then i picked up 30kg's before I was diagnosed with Diabetes 2 and an inactive thyroid. Now I have a really hard time staying under 90kg's. :frown:
  • eminemstan
    Options
    Hey im 6' and i weigh 177-178 (size 10). My goal is 155-160. HOping to be a model :)
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Almost 6'0". Maintaining is a struggle. Losing for me is really easy. I get in a mind set and I eat right it just comes off. Now when the magic # appears on the scale I get this "Hey, I worked hard, eat whatever". Then I'm back to the same place.

I'm 165 right now. In 2011 I was 193. In 2012 I got down to 143 and for me that was too thin. My goal is around 155ish. Size 8.
  • ciarotheray
    ciarotheray Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 183cm and weigh 78kg. That puts my dress size around a DE38 (US8?) My highest ever weight was close to 90kg and I felt huge there. I would like to be in the early 70s... the UK health system says we "should" be between 68 and 80kg. But of course personal preference and comfort are important.
    The weight fluctuation seems to vary a lot, I can seem to lose or gain a kilo overnight, especially if I drink alcohol or work out. keeping an eye on the average weight over a few weeks helps me to know if I'm losing/maintaining/gaining :o)