Help - Low carb desserts?

Options
2»

Replies

• climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Try looking at "chocolate covered katie"'s recipe blog.
    Or "desserts with benefits".
    Or "foodie fiasco".
  • nxcguy
    nxcguy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    fat free Greek yogurt and a cup of frozen blueberries I is use Costco wild blueberrys or sometimes the tri berry mix but its low in cals high in protein easy and tasts awesome. Hint keep the blueberrys frozen
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    nxcguy wrote: »
    fat free Greek yogurt and a cup of frozen blueberries I is use Costco wild blueberrys or sometimes the tri berry mix but its low in cals high in protein easy and tasts awesome. Hint keep the blueberrys frozen

I was going to say something similar. I would do fat-free vanilla greek yogurt (I like the Chobani 100 kind) with some berries, and then you can top it with some chopped nuts and/or a very small sprinkle of granola or something for a little texture. You could even add a small dollop of whipped cream (or Cool Whip....I try so hard to stay away from overly-processed foods but Cool Whip is a major weakness for me, haha). Or instead of berries you could do a chopped apple and a few walnuts or pecans (I'd use glazed nuts if you have a couple extra carbs) with the yogurt. You'd obviously have to tweak the exact proportions to whatever will fit your needs for the day, but yogurt/fruit/nuts is a good way to get some protein and some good fats along with your dessert, and it's PLENTY sweet. If you wanted it to look nice for Christmas dinner, you could prepare it ahead of time as a parfait in a pretty glass.
  • thecheshirerain
    thecheshirerain Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Meringue cookies. I use baking splenda instead of sugar. A whole giant batch has under 200 calories. Egg whites, splenda, vanilla, cream of tartar and a pinch of salt. Very low fat low sugar
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Trutein Magic Pudding (there are 2 flavors - chocolate and vanilla caramel)

50g (around 2 scoops)
    Calories 170
    Total Fat 2g
    Saturated Fat 1g
    Cholesterol 45mg
    Sodium 275mg
    Total Carbohydrate 13g
    Dietary Fiber 2g
    Sugars 4g
    Protein 28g
    Vitamin A 1%
    Vitamin C 1%
    Calcium 22%
    Iron 7%
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Low carb cheesecake soooo good and you can't taste the difference. The crust is made with almond flour.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/desserts/r/lcarbcheesecake.htm
  • becbec777
    becbec777 Posts: 44 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sugar Free Dried Cranberries- Homemade!

• 1 – 12oz package fresh or frozen cranberries
    • 1 cup water
    • Sweetener of choice equal to ½ cup sugar – ex: Stevia or granulated Splenda for baking
    • 2 tbsp of veggie oil (not olive, something without heavy aroma)

Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 200F an line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
    2. In medium saucepan, combine berries and water over medium heat. Cool just until all cranberries have popped, but do not let come to a boil or else all the juices come out.
    3. Drain berries in a colander and transfer to a medium bowl. Toss with sweetener and oil.
    4. Spread on prepared baking pan and separate each individual berry as best you can.
    5. Place baking sheet in oven and let dry, 3 hours or longer. I found 3 hours worked just fine.
    6. Remove, let cool and transfer to an airtight container. Store in refrig. Use for homemade treats like granola bars, low-fat snacking, or whatever else.

Notes: Makes 8 servings. Each serving has 5.1grams of carbs and 2.2 grams of Fiber. Total Net Carbs= 2.9grams.
    982ugu7bfnxy.jpg

NOTE: I made my third batch with honey instead. Came out less sweet but I prefer the honey now. Pic is prior to drying.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Anything with cheese will end up being too high fat & I cam here to give you my cheese pudding recipe XD

All kinds of berries will be good, so you could make almond flour biscuits, with a little low fat cottage cheese & some berry compote made with sweetner.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Make clafouti! I'm pretty sure you could sub out the sugar with splenda if you wanted to. Here is the Julia Child version:

food.com/recipe/julia-childs-cherry-clafouti-239454
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this will be low carb enough for you, I made a layered dessert with low fat graham crackers, topped with vanilla sugar free pudding and sugar free Cool Whip. It was so good! I also made a dessert with lime jello, sugar free, layered with raspberry jello mixed with almond milk, delicious.
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I didnt read all of the suggestions so if I am redundant I'm sorry. A quick and easy one is sugar free jello, however, replace the water with diet ginger ale. It is yummy.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    The strawberry pie was a big hit. Even with using a store-bought frozen whole wheat pie crust, it only came to 16g carbs (13 net) per slice (8 slices per pie). Even those who didn't need low carb loved it.

The cocoa-oat bites were also a hit. About 8g carbs per bite sized piece, they higher is carbs but not too high, and tasted decadent.