DATE?

Options
yopeeps025
yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
I am on a little break from school which is where I would go to the gym. A friend of mine told me he has two guest passes left. He said he will use them on cheap dates.

Would you consider going to the gym with someone a date?

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    NO.

Unless it's like a rock climbing or trampoline gym or some other kind of novelty. But, a regular gym? F that. I have my own gym where I take care of my own business...on my own. The last thing I need is some bro trying to teach me how to lift. Because I would laugh.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Not unless he's going to take me out to dinner afterwards.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Not unless he's going to take me out to dinner afterwards.

need that post workout meal. That is a semi good idea to me. A gym date to me is not a date. I am actually trying to picture how you could do this.

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    yes
  • yourradimradletshug
    Options
    No. I am old fashioned and prefer like dinenr and a movie. I want to be with someone at least a month before I let them even see me all gross and sweaty AFTER the gym.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    yes, but like PRMinx said, he'd better only be offering to spot me on my lifts, not tell me how to do it.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    No. I am old fashioned and prefer like dinenr and a movie. I want to be with someone at least a month before I let them even see me all gross and sweaty AFTER the gym.

sweaty=/= gross to me and other men I know.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't like going to the gym so that sounds like the worst date ever.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    From what I interpret from my friend text. He made a little claim that these girls would like to watch him lift and maybe join to doing some exercising.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I don't like going to the gym so that sounds like the worst date ever.

:lol:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    get a good pump and then a post gym shower with her.....sounds good.
  • yourradimradletshug
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    From what I interpret from my friend text. He made a little claim that these girls would like to watch him lift and maybe join to doing some exercising.

I'd be so bored watching a guy lift especially on a first date. If he insisted on doing the gym do a fun class or go to a gym that has like a rock climbing wall or a pool or something FUN for 2 people to do.
  • rikracer1961
    rikracer1961 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    your "friend" sounds like a self absorbed D Bag
  • yopeeps025
    Options

I'd be so bored watching a guy lift especially on a first date. If he insisted on doing the gym do a fun class or go to a gym that has like a rock climbing wall or a pool or something FUN for 2 people to do.

It is a very expensive gym he goes too. It has all the above activities and used to have a co ed stream room lol. Even with those activities I would not consider going to a gym a date. Then again I do not consider a lot of things to be dates.
  • yourradimradletshug
    Options

THIS!!!!!!!
  • PRMinx
    Options

You can't make this sh&t up.

laughing-gifs-how-couldyou.gif
  • yopeeps025
    Options

I am sure he is not doing these on first dates. Does it help his case that the girls I have seeing him talk to are very shallow and kind of only want his body. Not really IMO

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm not into spectator dating - a guy has to have something more to offer than watching him for a date, I would be sooo bored...
  • PRMinx
    Options

I am sure he is not doing these on first dates. Does it help his case that the girls I have seeing him talk to are very shallow and kind of only want his body. Not really IMO

First date or 100th date, inviting someone out to watch you lift is laughable.
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I would do it but not as a first date...My husband and I do fun things like that all the time but I think my situation is different.