Couch Potato to 5k.

Options
One of my goals is to be able to run a 5k. Or just to run, period at this point. I was wondering if any of you have tried the couch to 5k program? If you have what did you like about it? What was difficult? What was the end result.

Replies

• michelellawrence
    Options
    I am on week 3 of the program, and I am loving it! I haven't run in over 20 years, and didn't think I was going to be able to do it, but to my surprise, I CAN RUN! LOL It is a workout, but I'm so glad that I am doing it. If you decide to try it, Good Luck!! :)
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I finished c25k and lost loads of weight and got addicted to running. I was 215 lbs when I started c25k.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on week 2 of the program and i LOVE IT!!! I've always struggled with running (in the past) but this program is really teaching me how to run at intervals to finally achieve the goal of a 5k. I HIGHLY recommend it if you're starting out. Can't go wrong with it :)
    I'm amazed at how much better i am at it already.
  • chuckster26
    Options
    i just did d1 w1 of c25k! gonna run tomorrow ! cant wait!!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I used it to get started with running last summer and I worked up to running for 15 minutes without stopping. Then after a few months break from it, I started it up again this winter and didn't quite follow it exactly. But using intervals and running a few times a week I worked up to running the full 5k distance. I had my first 5K this past Sunday and I finished it in 39min, 33 seconds. So yes, it works :)
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I just started the program last week and I am on Week 2 Day 2 of the program and it's not that bad, this comes froma person who HATES to run, but this program really takes it step by step and it builds your endurance. I do it Mondays Weds and Thursdays and I am losing weight in the process, so not a bad deal. Add me so we can tackle this together and Good Luck ;)
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm in like the first week.
    Just finished 3 days, but doing it again.
    Check out my blog for my ideas on it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hush7hush
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I actually just started it today. So far so good! I would recommend buying ( only $2.99) the C25K application on iphone/ipod/ipad or Android because it helps you track progress and prompts you when to switch from running or walking.
  • xxjacqueline
    xxjacqueline Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input guys. You all sound very positive.
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    there's actually a support thread going on right now - all kinds of people in various phases of the program. check it out! if nothing else, there's a lot of helpful advice and motivation from everyone going through their individual struggles.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/204915-couch-to-5k-start-4-4-11