Not able to eat goal calories.

Options
What do you do if you're not able to eat enough calories during the day. Typically I have about 350 call left by bedtime. I'm just so full with my meals & water drinking that I can't eat enough.

Replies

• Quan301
    Quan301 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i am having the same problem will that stop the weight loss
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't stick to a hard and fast goal. I eat more when I'm hungrier and less when I'm not. :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Measure ... what is on the side of the package may or may not be the actual amount. Eat nutrient dense foods ... it's amazing how many healthy calories are in certain foods like peanut butter. Accurately and consistently log.

• njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You can drink some milk, add extra salad dressing, use full fat salad dressing, add more cooking oil, things like that.
  • robinsvitakjones
    robinsvitakjones Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. If you can't eat the limited daily calories to lose weight, how did you get to the point where you needed to lose weight in the first place??
  • Allibatey
    Allibatey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't need to loose weight. I'm tracking my food to learn better eating habits, portion control & to make sure I'm getting enough calories with the type of workout program I'm doing.
  • Allibatey
    Options
    Thx for the replies.
  • KatieMusselwhite92113
    Options
    I'm confused. If you can't eat the limited daily calories to lose weight, how did you get to the point where you needed to lose weight in the first place??

I thought this at first, too. But, it is possible that OP was drinking their calories in sodas, juices, etc. and since starting their new eating plan, have switched to only water, freeing up potentially hundreds of calories that are difficult for them to consume as food. I actually have been through that too, as I used to love fruit juices and would consume them in excess of 20 oz per day, in addition to soda on some days. I only "ate" probably 1500 calories, but I consumed upwards of 2000 or more with the liquids.

OP, I recommend adding in some more calorie-dense foods, as others have suggested. Add in calories where you can. If I am ever having a low calorie day, I will add cheese and croutons to my salad at dinner, add extra dressing, put butter on that baked potato, etc.

• dfargher
    dfargher Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    No doubt! I browsed through your food logs and it looks like your goal is in the neighborhood of 2000-2200 calories a day. I'll trust you that that is a healthy level - but I personally would not be able to eat that many calories from non-junk food in a day. Try adding more healthy fats to your meals, or maybe fruit juice instead of water. Dried fruit and nuts are also dense calorie sources.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I log about 12-1400 with some room because there are days where I don't measure at all. However, there are days where I do eat over. The others have given GREAT recommendations - do listen to them.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    If it's only a few days, don't worry about it. You don't really need to achieve that goal.
    But if you're consistently way under, losing weight when you don't want to, what they said. ^^^
    Increase the healthy higher-calorie foods: nuts, avocados, full-fat cheese or salad dressing, fatty fish.
  • Allibatey
    Options
    Great advice. Thanks so much!!
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Check your macros and add in what u need, maybe low on fat intake slab some butter on those green beans. Low on protein have a shake. Skimping on fibre eat a large apple.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    nut-butters are great fillers.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Make sure your counting is accurate. If it is, add healthy fats like cooking oils (olive oil, sunflower oil), nuts, nut butters, and dark chocolate. You can also try drinking your calories, substitute a glass of fruit juice or milk for one of your glasses of water.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Vodka or a fine wine. A glass of wine a day after a meal is actually recommended by a lot :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Throw in a few tbs of coconut oil. I eat it straight off the spoon. Peanut butter sandwich is high calorie yumness :D
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Allibatey wrote: »
    I don't need to loose weight. I'm tracking my food to learn better eating habits, portion control & to make sure I'm getting enough calories with the type of workout program I'm doing.

I looked at your diary. If you are not trying to lose weight, why is your daily goal set at 1450+/- cal a day? That's a deficit. This is a weight management program. At least use it correctly. Have MFP set your daily goal correctly for maintenance.

If you are training to be a yoga teacher, you must know something about nutritional needs.

Also, if you are maintaining, stop eating low-fat, low-sugar, low-carb foods and eat real food. Typically low-fat foods have higher sugar content and low-sugar foods have higher fat content. Read labels. That will help you learn better eating habits.

• ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense foods! Look into eating nut butters, proteins, and maybe even some dairy items!