Protein and fat ideas for breakfast

Options

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    86tigger wrote: »
    Hi,

So I'm looking to have protein and fat meals for breakfast before the gym in the morning. Apart from eggs have any of you got ideas of what I can eat?

I have a protein shakes straight after my workout but was thinking of switching that to my pre gym breakfast instead and have eggs afterwards.
    Have any of you tried coconut oil in your protein shake at all?

Thanks in advance

I do 4 tablespoons of coconut oil in my coffee/cocoa drink. DO NOT do 4 but taper into the use of coconut oil at first.

Shakes I just do with a spoon and protein powder because do not to wash the bender if we even have one that works.:)

Eggs and bacon are awesome anytime.

• jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    What is bacon? Have heard a lot about it
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Crepe!
    http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast-recipe-snickerdoodle-crepes-low-carb.html

These are pretty good. I just had them for dinner though :)
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    jmzz1 wrote: »
    What is bacon? Have heard a lot about it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacon

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have not tried since the 'breakfast" trial in which I was supposed to force myself like 30-50g of protein. I thought the idea was bunk after I tried it and went back to eating when I felt like it. I don't want to eat ANYTHING in the morning, i drink coffee with coconut milk and try to cope with reality. If I work out after work, after eating all day, I can't do as much I feel weighed down unless I watch it and fast for a few hours. I am naturally a night owl and work 1p-9p, sleep 2a up to 11:30a depending. I might be up all night, or I may be in early.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    I like a big break fast. :) Growing up on a farm following a mule all morning plowing tobacco or like work teaches one to eat a big breakfast so you can last to the noon meal (dinner time).
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Jamaican beef patty. 360-380 cals - 12 g protein, 17 grams fat

Http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/156239247

Top it up with half a cup of 0% Greek yogurt for another 13-16 grams of protein and you're easily fueled on less than 500 cals - for your workout and probably til lunch. I personally don't find them 'heavy', either, just tasty and filling.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Hi,

So I'm looking to have protein and fat meals for breakfast before the gym in the morning. Apart from eggs have any of you got ideas of what I can eat?

I have a protein shakes straight after my workout but was thinking of switching that to my pre gym breakfast instead and have eggs afterwards.

Thanks in advance

I do 4 tablespoons of coconut oil in my coffee/cocoa drink. DO NOT do 4 but taper into the use of coconut oil at first.

Shakes I just do with a spoon and protein powder because do not to wash the bender if we even have one that works.:)

4 tablespoons of coconut oil and you somehow like to eat a big breakfast. There are so many better ways to use those 500 calories. And with your caloric target being low it makes an even worse idea.

I am going to do the coconut oil for my pain and other reasons like IBS, etc and I do not want to go over my 2400 daily calories or I will not lose any weight. The coconut oil is a wonderful idea or I would not be doing it. :) Do some reading on the subject to get the full picture of eating for health.

• cindytw
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks in advance

4 tablespoons of coconut oil and you somehow like to eat a big breakfast. There are so many better ways to use those 500 calories. And with your caloric target being low it makes an even worse idea.

I am going to do the coconut oil for my pain and other reasons like IBS, etc and I do not want to go over my 2400 daily calories or I will not lose any weight. The coconut oil is a wonderful idea or I would not be doing it. :) Do some reading on the subject to get the full picture of eating for health.

So you're recommending that the OP use calories on coconut oil to help her with her IBS and her pain?

You lose weight eating 2400 calories? All whIle not having the ability to do a bunch of cardio or resistance training? So whats your TDEE? Like 27, 28, 2900?

I don't need to eat coconut oil for health. There are plent of foods that can help me achieve that goal.

So GREAT for you!! you have graduated you are free to move on!! You have the answers and can live out your life just happy and carefree!!! Bye!!

The rest of us here have issues to discuss. You are not helping anyone being judgemental and nasty.
  • cindytw
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance

So you're recommending that the OP use calories on coconut oil to help her with her IBS and her pain?

You lose weight eating 2400 calories? All whIle not having the ability to do a bunch of cardio or resistance training? So whats your TDEE? Like 27, 28, 2900?

I don't need to eat coconut oil for health. There are plent of foods that can help me achieve that goal.

So GREAT for you!! you have graduated you are free to move on!! You have the answers and can live out your life just happy and carefree!!! Bye!!

The rest of us here have issues to discuss. You are not helping anyone being judgemental and nasty.

I can't hear you.

I am sure you can't since nothing gets in there except what you already know/want to believe. But fine you are not hurting me being closed minded you are hurting YOU!
  • cindytw
    Options
    Goodnight and Merry Christmas!
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Beans, black bean spaghetti noodles with avocado, steel cut oats with hemp protein powder plus hemp seeds, tuna
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee. And a protein drink.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I like cooking veggies in olive oil and adding 2 eggs for breakfast. My alternative is oatmeal with a nut/cranberry mix fruit and a half-serving of protein powder.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    What's been working great for me is a high fiber/protein wrap (Tortilla factory or flat out) with some deli meat and cheese.