FitBit Users....

Options
Hello everyone! I was curious for those of you who currently have a fitbit (Either the flex or charge) do you like it? What are the pro's and con's of the fitbit when it comes to your over all fitness and health? Would you recommend them? I'm interested in getting the new FitBit Charge HR once it comes out, however since it is a pretty penny I wanted to hear more about them before I bought it. :)

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    FitBit zip here. I love it. It reminds me to change it's batteries. It syncs with MFP. I track with an online app. What's there not to love?

I don't want to be chained to a 24-hour wristband, and the Zip is cheaper. Good enough for me.
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I had a Flex for about a year. As far as pros go, it's very revealing in that you'll learn quite a bit about how much you're actually walking/sleeping/burning every day and you can make adjustments as necessary. It did however create a lot of weird little habits in me though like running in place before bed if I didn't reach my step goal and consistently being attached to and checking my cell phone to get my current step counts.

Would I recommend it? It's up to you! If you're sedentary and not very active, definitely would check it out. If you're already working out regularly, go ahead and save the money. I don't think you need it.

I will say though that the day it died was awesome because I finally felt like I was set free from a ball and chain. Haha.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Fitbit shows you your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)—way more accurately than any online calculator. If you eat less than your Fitbit burn, you will lose weight.
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thank you!