Crying during exercise

Options

Replies

• Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options
    if i start thinking about too much about some of those purina or aspca commercials (or see one on tv) while i'm running sometimes i end up choking it back. i think we're just vulnerable because we've got so much attention and energy focused elsewhere.

also probably a little bit cause of the whole being women thing.

I could kill Sarah McLoughlin for making those damn things
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I make the weights cry
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Happens all the time to me for some reason. Must be that surge of endorphins we get.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It could be the bc. I just started a new kind and I bawled every day for two weeks. No good reason. It did go away though thankfully.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I've never felt emotional when running, but at around 10 miles I am overcome with utter tranquility and the general sense that everything in the world is exactly as it should be.

That's probably why I like to run.

...and why I really, really wish I could get my achilles tendon healed so I can get back to running.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I cried the first time I did plyo p90x

I was too short of breath to cry, but I felt like it!
  • mara9642
    mara9642 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Yasmin, after the doctor switched me from Yaz. Yaz made me crazy; I would start sobbing for no reason at the drop of the hat. After I switched I was fine. Yasmin just might be the wrong hormone doses for you.
  • brownmousemama
    brownmousemama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The first time I did a back bend in yoga I cried because I was so proud of myself. Other than that, I don't remember crying while working out. And EVERYTHING makes me cry: music, commercials, frosting.....

Maybe it was adrenaline or something? You mentioned BC. Did you just switch BC?

Hahahahaha! Frosting. :)
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I cried the first time I did plyo p90x

I was too short of breath to cry, but I felt like it!

It was after the last round of exercises and I landed and tears started streaming... I was proud of myself.. not that it hurt. But it DID hurt, specially the next day lol.
  • gottolosethisfat
    Options
    I cried while having a personal training session once and when I completed an 8.5mile charity run!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    In a way I guess. Whenever I go through some intense physical exercise I seem to be mentally as well as physically drained, and since my "defenses" are down, I'm more prone to getting emotional at little jabs people would make at me, or just normal tasks I'm only (normally) mildly annoyed with.
  • kaitlynelkins9
    kaitlynelkins9 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I cried when I passed mile-marker 26 in my first marathon. It was probably the most physically demanding thing I had ever done, so it was a mix of being so proud of myself for achieving it and actually being in so much agony that I just had to let it out. ;)
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Stumbled upon this old post. So I'm not alone! I often cry after Jillian Michaels workouts.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound pathetic and I'm pretty sure my BC is farking with me but has anyone got really REALLY emotional during their workout?! Did C25K this morning and 2 laps to go, I felt tears welling up and a huge surge of emotion...and no, I wasn't in pain :laugh: it freaked me out tbh.

So anyone else had this or am I just a mental case? :wink:

Happened before. It's normal.
  • splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I never cried in training, nausea yes for the intensity, but no tears
  • mrsgoochy
    mrsgoochy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Many, many moons ago when I was in high school, I was put on the shot-put team because I wasn't fast enough to help out the team otherwise. Towards the end of the season one of the meets included a 4x4 race for non-running track team members such as myself. I got to be the last leg and finished just before the last person. I was so full of adrenaline that when I finished I began to cry uncontrollable. It's amazing what can happen when you give a person a chance...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I never cried in training, nausea yes for the intensity, but no tears

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but some types of workouts I should totally avoid. Yoga makes me so aggro.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I haven't cried during any exercise but yoga. When I was doing yoga regularly, it was a very hard and emotional time in my life and it was just so nice to be cared for by the lovely yoga instructor in class that I found that I kept crying. Soon after that started happening I moved away and have kind of avoided yoga because of how much it made me cry!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I've cried running before. I also run for stress relief, so I think that has more to do with it than the running by itself.