Protein and fat ideas for breakfast

Options

Replies

• ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Any kind of nut butter! Not only will you get great proteins and fats, but for me at least, it keeps me pretty full.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    86tigger wrote: »
    Hi,

So I'm looking to have protein and fat meals for breakfast before the gym in the morning. Apart from eggs have any of you got ideas of what I can eat?

I have a protein shakes straight after my workout but was thinking of switching that to my pre gym breakfast instead and have eggs afterwards.
    Have any of you tried coconut oil in your protein shake at all?

Thanks in advance

I do 4 tablespoons of coconut oil in my coffee/cocoa drink. DO NOT do 4 but taper into the use of coconut oil at first.

Shakes I just do with a spoon and protein powder because do not to wash the bender if we even have one that works.:)

Eggs and bacon are awesome anytime.

4 tablespoons of coconut oil and you somehow like to eat a big breakfast. There are so many better ways to use those 500 calories. And with your caloric target being low it makes an even worse idea.

I am going to do the coconut oil for my pain and other reasons like IBS, etc and I do not want to go over my 2400 daily calories or I will not lose any weight. The coconut oil is a wonderful idea or I would not be doing it. :) Do some reading on the subject to get the full picture of eating for health.

You know that's just clever marketing that separated you from your money, right? lol. Do your research. ;)
  • dbmata
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    Goodnight and Merry Christmas!

lol. I like newbies.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Hi,

So I'm looking to have protein and fat meals for breakfast before the gym in the morning. Apart from eggs have any of you got ideas of what I can eat?

I have a protein shakes straight after my workout but was thinking of switching that to my pre gym breakfast instead and have eggs afterwards.

Thanks in advance

I do 4 tablespoons of coconut oil in my coffee/cocoa drink. DO NOT do 4 but taper into the use of coconut oil at first.

Shakes I just do with a spoon and protein powder because do not to wash the bender if we even have one that works.:)

4 tablespoons of coconut oil and you somehow like to eat a big breakfast. There are so many better ways to use those 500 calories. And with your caloric target being low it makes an even worse idea.

I am going to do the coconut oil for my pain and other reasons like IBS, etc and I do not want to go over my 2400 daily calories or I will not lose any weight. The coconut oil is a wonderful idea or I would not be doing it. :) Do some reading on the subject to get the full picture of eating for health.

Also, along with the other questions I asked. Can you help me understand this post you wrote about ebola:
    I was reading today coconut oil could help kill the virus. Wish my family was using it now. They are taking about it mutating when going to a new victim and may be spread by air now. Clearly there are more unknowns that will make the news. I did not know it was in other animals for years before the 1976 break out in humans.

Seriously? The Hawkins account claimed that? lol. It makes total sense if he's reading breitbart. lol.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Protein is the nutrient most of us use it to become healthier all the feel. You can have callogs, fruit juice, a glass of milk, Melon bowl, Apple walnut oatmeal, Toast with nut butter etc . are the best fat ideas for good protein breakfast.
  • dbmata
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance

Also, along with the other questions I asked. Can you help me understand this post you wrote about ebola:
    I was reading today coconut oil could help kill the virus. Wish my family was using it now. They are taking about it mutating when going to a new victim and may be spread by air now. Clearly there are more unknowns that will make the news. I did not know it was in other animals for years before the 1976 break out in humans.

Seriously? The Hawkins account claimed that? lol. It makes total sense if he's reading breitbart. lol.
    Yes, but it was on a different website.

Well, if someone reads infowars or breitbart and believes any of it, they'll believe anything. They got two minutes worth of sucker value when they were created.
  • 86tigger
    86tigger Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. I've stocked up on bacon etc and will be starting on this tomorrow hopefully when this stupid cold goes away
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Hmmm if you don't like eggs what about a breakfast burrito with tofu instead of eggs? Some cheese, sausage, whatever else you like. Can even be prepared in batches and frozen.
  • 86tigger
    Options
    I do like eggs just not first thing in the morning as i exercise at 6am during the week. I have tofu in so could try that anyways. Thank you for the help
  • dbmata
    Options
    steak. Definitely steak.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    How about a crustless quiche? Make it ahead of time, then just cut a piece. Just use pork sausage, full fat cheese, eggs and veggies.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Isn't that a frittata?
  • dbmata
    Options
    Say it. I love that word. Frittata. It's almost like a culinary machine gun.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Isn't that a frittata?

Whatever you want to call it I guess!
  • 86tigger
    Options
    I love frittata's. Think I'm going to spend the day batch cooking up things that I can then just take out of the fridge/freezer and eat on the way to work.
    Umm steak - Love the stuff. Just waiting on my musclefood order to deliver some so I can pig out on it :)
  • SativaMad
    SativaMad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I must be Old Skool but I have eggs and a steak or ground beef with coffee when i wake. 90 min later i have a Whey and Oats shake before training. Excellent energy source to drive me through my workout...
  • 86tigger
    Options
    I love steak but as I exercise at 6am during the week eating that at 5 would be hard work. I had eggs and bacon yesterday morning before the gym and while the eggs were fine the bacon wasn't so good.
  • SativaMad
    SativaMad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love steak but as I exercise at 6am during the week eating that at 5 would be hard work. I had eggs and bacon yesterday morning before the gym and while the eggs were fine the bacon wasn't so good.

Are you on a keto diet?
  • 86tigger
    Options
    No but my trainer has recommended for my body type to eat fat and protein in the morning. To be far I did it today and I had more energy and didn't feel tired which I normally do.