Linking with Garmin Vivofit

Options
I thought I could link my Garmin Vivofit with my Myfitnesspal account, atlease that is what the Garmin Connect website led me to believe. How come I do not see this option under apps and devices to add? I could not put this under technical support.

Replies

• Churchbell06
    Options
    I think there is an issue today. Because my calories from MFP are not importing into Connect, and they were previously (though not my activity).... If you go to the apps section here and choose Garmin, you can sync them that way. OR, I believe if you log into the connect app via your smart phone, you might get an introductory screen that will walk you through it as well.... Good luck. It's been a rather frustrating venture since Garmin began to sync with MFP a few months ago.
  • suzy0317
    suzy0317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I usually hit the "Sync with MFP" on the garmin app. It has been working well for me.

Does anyone know if Vivofit will give you calorie credit if you enter an exercise on MFP?
    I think I've been getting double credit for my workouts.
  • salbiston591
    salbiston591 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't see vivofit as an option to connect through MFP
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I can't see vivofit as an option to connect through MFP

VivoFit Syncs to Garmin Connect
    Garmin Connect can sync with MFP
  • smartmama4
    Options
    I am synced between GC and MFP (or so both apps say anyway) but it will not sync my food. When I am in GC at the food entry, it says add food in MFP and then sends me to MFP app. But itnever shows back up in GC?? Am I doing something wrong?
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    smartmama4 wrote: »
    I am synced between GC and MFP (or so both apps say anyway) but it will not sync my food. When I am in GC at the food entry, it says add food in MFP and then sends me to MFP app. But itnever shows back up in GC?? Am I doing something wrong?

Have you tried hitting the "Sync Now" button on the top of the Calories In/Out tile? That's what I've had to do recently.

That being said, the two sites haven't been syncing properly for a few days now. That last time it worked correctly was Dec 17 (11:39pm central time).

MFP should get -
    • Adjustment from steps that put activity level above what I have selected on MFP ( Missing)
    • Exercise logged onto Garmin Connect (still getting these, but I have to click the manual sync button to force the 2 sites to tak to each other.)
    Garmin should get -
    • Calories Consumed from MFP (still getting these, but I have to click the manual sync button to force the 2 sites to talk to each other.)
    So, since the Dec 17, I'm missing Garmin Adjustments and have to manually sync to get the two sites to at least partially talk to each other.

I emailed support (MFP) about it and was told that they are working on a fix.
  • smorganf
    Options

Have you tried hitting the "Sync Now" button on the top of the Calories In/Out tile? That's what I've had to do recently.

That being said, the two sites haven't been syncing properly for a few days now. That last time it worked correctly was Dec 17 (11:39pm central time).

MFP should get -
    • Adjustment from steps that put activity level above what I have selected on MFP ( Missing)
    • Exercise logged onto Garmin Connect (still getting these, but I have to click the manual sync button to force the 2 sites to tak to each other.)
    Garmin should get -
    • Calories Consumed from MFP (still getting these, but I have to click the manual sync button to force the 2 sites to talk to each other.)
    So, since the Dec 17, I'm missing Garmin Adjustments and have to manually sync to get the two sites to at least partially talk to each other.

I dont even have the choice to sync with mfp... I am very frustrated
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    smorganf wrote: »

MFP should get -
    Garmin should get -

Odd. Not even on Garmin Connect Dashboard (website version).

I connected mine from my Garmin Connect Dashboard. The Calories In/Out tile, the day I set up my Vivofit, had a message about needing to be connected to MFP and (if I remember correctly) there was a link to connect them as well.

Just disconnected/reconnected and this is what the tile looks like for me before MFP is connected:

xna9kfgnsiae.jpg
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks shadow2soul for sharing. Will be connecting my Garmin Vivofit this afternoon.
  • shall1112
    Options
    smorganf wrote: »
    [

the button seems to only appear on the desktop version, not on mobile (for me at least). If I hit sync on my desktop it works, not on mobile.

If anybody wants to connect on Vivofit, I'm sarahjfh
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    like shall1112, it only works on the desktop version for me as well...i think, still not sure if it's making it over to MFP #confused
  • TLGillies
    TLGillies Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got a vivosmart. under 'more' on MFP ap it says "Don't track steps" and there is a check mark. I cannot uncheck this. it says 'add a device', but there is no Garmin under here. If I manually sync in GC under calories in/out, GC seems to be getting info from MFP so I'm synced. Just wondering, will MFP not track my steps then, or will this be fixed too? Thanks. I'm technically challenged... :)
  • mswoods806
    mswoods806 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Subbing to this thread. I'm new to MFP and I got a Garmin Vivofit for Xmas (I asked for a FitBit -_-). I've used other tracking sites before but I now have to switch to MFP because it's the only one that allegedly supported Vivofit. I've had nothing but hell with both since starting to try to sync and set up accounts. If my Df wouldn't have bought this garmin, I swear I would be throwing it in the trash.
  • llkemp
    llkemp Posts: 15
    Options
    suzy0317 wrote: »
    I usually hit the "Sync with MFP" on the garmin app. It has been working well for me.

Does anyone know if Vivofit will give you calorie credit if you enter an exercise on MFP?
    I think I've been getting double credit for my workouts.

• mw0cvw
    mw0cvw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Started syncing again for me late today,Garmin connect calories adjustment showing up in my MFP exercise routine again :D:D
  • dawnsweebe
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I'm new and wondered if I should have gone with another brand. I'll be patient. I read that I could link vivofit with fit bit app because it was better than Garmin connect.....but I wonder.....is mfp the equivalent?